Tuesday 26 March 2019

RUMOUR HAS IT


There is a rumour going round the village..


That Mr Albert the new garden resident knows everything !


Which could be why the village children seem to be lining up to speak with him!


Margo and Ashley are waiting in line... " then if he knows just where I left my other sock I'll be able to wear them and Mum will stop complaining that I'm not wearing any ! " Margo finishes.
" That will be good if he knows !" exclaims Ashley " I just want to know if I should dye my hair pink "
"Pink? " Margo says studying Ashley " Could look good... will you cut it too? a short bob in pink would be fabulous "
" I'm not sure about cutting it " Ashley says a little stunned " I'll wait to see what Mr Albert says "


Meanwhile at the front of the line Zak and Toby are talking to Mr Albert
" Well young Zak I think you could be anything you chose to be, if you work hard at school and get all your exams correct "
" And what about me? " asks Toby looking over Zak's shoulder
" Now you young Toby I see as an adventurer or owning one of those parks where people zip down long wires from the top of trees "
" ACE !" laughs Toby " No more school for me Hurrah!"
Mr Albert says sternly " I did not say anything about no more school ! You'll need to know geography, map reading, health and safety , first aid.... "
"WHAT! " Toby exclaims cutting off Mr Albert " Map reading? first aid ? to go adventuring! Tarzan didn't do map reading and first aid and geography !"
" Tarzan is a fictional character from a book, who was found as a baby and raised by apes "
" Come on Zak " says Toby in disgust " Tarzan a fixed character in a book! really! ......whispering.. I don't think Mr Albert knows just who Tarzan is!"

Zak says goodbye to Mr Albert before hurrying after Toby ....

Mr Albert looks down the line at the next person.. wondering why he's suddenly getting lots of visitors asking him questions about all sorts of things! But he'll do his best to help them and it's nice to spend time chatting to all these new neighbours.


*********************************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. Oh I did love that story Dee, I can see Mr Albert is going to play a big part in these children's lives. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes Mr Albert is turning out to be somewhat of a treasure :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely story. I hope Ashley doesn't cut her hair and dye it pink though!!
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yes I hope she doesn't cut her hair or dye it pink! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Mr Albert is certainly a very wise old bunny or he would have been eaten by a fox long ago. He's just the kind of mentor that an impetuous boy like Toby needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does appear to be and yes very clever to outwit the local foxes. I just hope Toby continues to talk to Mr Albert even if he doesn't rate Tarzan ;)

      Delete
  4. A great post Dee and so creative with Mr. Albert giving out sage advice to enquiring young minds. It is so nice to see the kids lined up and nicely dressed especially the girls in their Spring colors. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. Poor Mr Albert's been waiting all winter long to finally have some company outside. I think he's enjoying all the attention and visits :) xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like I might need to come down myself to have a few questions answered about my poor front lawn.

    ReplyDelete