Sunday 31 March 2019

MOTHERING SUNDAY

It's mothering Sunday and also the last day of March and to top it all, the clocks went forward by one hour to what's called British summer time.
So a very happening Sunday to finish the month!


My mothers day started early last week because one of my daughters was going to be away for the weekend, so I came home to this lovely bunch of flowers mid week. Along with a box of chocolates!


Then Saturday I came home from work to find this basket of flowers had arrive, also with chocolates from another of my daughters!

I could get used to this,  arriving home every few days to flowers and chocolates! spoilt or what!


So catching up. It's been a busy week with me working both Friday and Saturday but it's also been a good week, with work going well and mostly smoothly. Which as you all know can make a big difference.

On the home front again due to working, the kitchen's had to wait but Paul's put up the single cupboard unit to cover in the electric board.

Because of the large concrete block in the corner, before we've filled in the space to hide it but this time we've moved the large wall unit over which has made enough space to get in a very narrow wall unit. Unfortunately they didn't make the unit in the same height as the other two but we'll resolve this by making the door long enough to match with an infill panel on the unit at the top.



So we are gaining a little more usable cupboard space. At present we are just putting things into the cupboards as they are changed but we'll get more organised once we've finished putting in all the cupboards.


From this photo you can see the tall extra cupboards we have gained on the left of the range. Before we had just a base unit there but last year moved that so the space was empty for a long while, now we have gained a nice tall slim row of units and the extra storage.

 The piece of wood standing on the range is one of the bottom cupboard doors that Rufus broke off when he decided to get up just as Paul opened it! So I asked Paul today to put some of the paint in the corner, so I could see the colour !


When Paul opened the tin it was so bright! But thankfully it's calmed down while it's dried. It's now looking much deeper thank goodness. Because I've been looking at fabrics and other things to go along with the deeper darker blue I want.
I've found it really hard not to jump ahead of myself and start buying those things for the finishing touches!
The 'new' kitchen is evolving as we work on it, today we decided to replace a base drawer unit and the cut down glass cupboard above for a tall larder unit. We'll adapt it to how we want, putting drawers in the bottom half, leaving a place in the middle for the mircowave and then have a cupboard above. Feeling really excited about the new design, I checked online to see if they ahd stock in the local diy store only to find you had to order it in, so okay I'd order it , we'd have to wait a few day but no problem.
However when we went on to order it, it's out of stock! We even tried tweaking our plans to use a slightly smaller larder unit but no that was unavailable too! Arghhh ! They will let us know when they are available again but no estimate as to when that will be!
It's not like we've not got loads to carry on with but it would have been nice to have it or have it on it's way !.

So the kitchen is a work in progress with plenty to do!


This is one of the fabric's I was looking at for the kitchen blind but then I've also found this one...


  Both have a touch of yellow in them which would work if we go for a soft yellow on the top cupboards. I'm still looking at fabrics because I just love fabric shopping!..


I'm still being good on the doll front , so I went off to find a Sasha to dress in the new outfit I'd got from Petrana the other month but then I decided I loved the Sasha in what she was wearing, so had to go find another.


So Mary got to wear the new clothes and go outside the front door to see if the coat kept her warm.


She was very happy to get outside for a breath of fresh air after being stuck indoors for the winter.


But it had started to turn quite cold after such a nice sunny day , so she was also happy to get back inside in the warm.


Well tomorrow's the 1st of April , all fools day and then it will soon be the fifth and doll shelf, photo day. So please send in your photos.

Have a great week enjoying whatever takes your fancy.

Dee

8 comments:

  1. Great catch up Dee. Love your flowers!
    Hope you got my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I did and I have finally replied :)

      Delete
  2. One would almost get the impression that you like chocolate, Dee. Looks like you're making excellent progress in the kitchen. I like the Morris fabric, but you probably knew I would say that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tad :) It's moving slowly forward which is always good!
      The same as me, cannot fault a WM fabric :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely flowers Dee, belated Happy Mother's Day! I hope you enjoyed the chocolates too :)
    The kitchen is coming along well, the top fabric is my favourite because I think it looks more 'fun'.
    I love the new coat on Mary, it looks really pretty on her, the colour is perfect for her too.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I was trying to be good! but that's gone out the window for now :)
      I liked the top fabric but since I've just looked and not jumped I think I need to keep looking. xxx

      Delete
  4. Love your Mothering Sunday gifts. Nothing like flowers and chocolates for cheering life up.
    Kitchen looks to be coming along nicely. Can't choose between the two blind fabrics at the moment as both look great. Perhaps when the kitchen cupboards are all painted that will help.
    Have always loved your Shelly customised No-navel Mary. That new Petrana coat outfit looks fab on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't reply when you posted this. Yes flowers and chocolates always lovely to receive.
      Kitchen still not finished ! Mary did look lovely in that outfit but now lives elsewhere x

      Delete