Sunday 17 March 2019

SUNDAY ALREADY...

Well that week shot past at an amazing rate! I'd love to say that I changed a dozen dolls and took lots of photos but I'd be lying!

However what did happen was our usual one thing leading to another and going off into a totally different direction that was originally planned! We were going to go and sort out finally decorating the bedroom but then we bought paint for the kitchen.

So I hear you say a couple of weekends, fitting and repainting the kitchen cabinet doors and walls and hey presto and nice refreshed kitchen.
But with us one thing leads to another, so lets repaint walls say I, I'll do that says Paul, oh lets look at paint for cabinets say I , lets buy paint we both say.

Well on Sunday afternoon and evening that conversation's gone from just replacing bottom cabinet doors and painting them and walls to removing extractor housing above range and totally revamping that side of the kitchen !


I took this quick photo showing the housing above the range cooker. Paul built it including all the upper wall cabinets about ten years ago when we re did the kitchen, after we moved in.
So now we are going to take down all the top cupboards along with the housing and totally redo the kitchen !
It's no good saying what about the hallway and the bedroom because we have already started !
The housing is gone, and new wall cupboards have been ordered and should arrive on Thursday after we found we could only order the tall wall cupboards online.

So now even more of the house looks like a building site! but no worries we only have friends coming to dinner next Saturday ! Luckily they are extremely good old friends and are used to how we work! I almost considered getting new doors from the diy store but nothing suited , everything appears to come in only grey , white or wood these days , so if you need a splash of colour you are on your own!

We are working on a very tight budget for this refit, since it's happening about a year earlier than planned but it will be great to finally have it done. So no work elsewhere until it's finished.... she says....

At least re doing the kitchen has made yet more cupboards get looked at while being emptied and yet more things are heading off to the charity shops or have been binned.

It's also made us realise we don't actually have a lot of kitchen cupboards, so we're putting in a narrow but full height unit on the left hand side of the cooker, where until we changed the fridge freezer the other year we had just a base unit.


a very rough sketch of the working part of the kitchen, thought it may help you to understand what we're doing.

So yet again not a lot of doll play, well none in fact, although the ideas are rumbling round my head I just need to spend the time making them appear. But today, Sunday's been a day of bright sunshine and rain showers complete with hail ! But it is feeling like spring, so I will be getting my act together this week, now it's brighter and getting some doll things underway!.

I've not bought anything for the dolls but I have bought some lovely 1930's china , which is heading my way along with cupboards etc.


So I'll have to add some old photo's of my Sasha's from last year , here's Mary back in February 2018.


Christy with some snowdrops


and Saffron back in Feb 2018.


Wishing you all a healthy happy doll filled week ahead.

Dee

8 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe what I have just been reading!!! YOU TWO and your changing of your minds.
    I know that I would be driven absolutely WILD with anything like this. I hate any MESS, untidiness or half-finished spots/rooms in my house. Apart from a once complete throughout magnolia emulsion paint job, a once outside window/barge board repaint, a small conservatory erected, electric controls added to the garage (door due to my Arthritis) and a cut out piece of rotten wood to the front bay window replaced, absolutely NOTHING else has been done over the 23/24? years that I have lived here.
    Admittedly the cooker, TV, Fridge, washing machine, deep freeze and tumble dryer have all had to be replaced (just the ONCE though) due to breaking down and no new parts being available for repair.
    Oh, forgot I did rescue a kitchen base (with their permission naturally) unit from a neighbours half full of rain water skip as I was short on kitchen storage and had room for it.
    A case of how the other half live?
    Will def. be watching with interest over the next few months as things at the Sasha Village progress and take on this new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learnt to live with it over the last 40 plus years ! We'll get it all done in the end but when Paul agreed about the kitchen I had to strike while the iron was hot!
      And since we use the kitchen all the time , we'll enjoy the updates constantly.
      By the summer we'll have a lovely new/updated kitchen... she says.... hopefully...

      Delete
  2. LOL Well that all happened quickly, the decision to do it I mean! I like your new ideas and spontaneity for sure. I thought your kitchen was really nice when I visited, and think this will make it even better for you.
    It was nice to see the girls photos, I'm the same recently, hardly any time to take new photos but I'm going to force myself!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! lol Sometimes you have to ride that wave in case the next one is too small to ride :)
      It should be an improvement with the little extra's planned.
      Whenever the weathers been nice lately it's been way too windy for doll photos but it's supposed to calm down now :) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, a new kitchen! I admire your and Paul’s energy levels and your vision! Your girls look wonderful too. A most interesting post! 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger :) Lets hope it lasts long enough to get the job completed! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. A very exciting and worthwhile project. I applaud you for jumping into it. Sometimes that's the best way to get things accomplished (sometimes the ONLY way). I have to say that I've never really enjoyed cooking even though I do a fair amount of it, so anything that makes it a little easier or more convenient is well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we have to jump into things when the mood strikes or it will be another couple of years. I'm lucky in that Paul enjoys cooking, so it benefits us both to have a nice workable kitchen.

      Delete