Sunday 16 April 2023

AN APRIL SUNDAY




 Well the weathers been wet! They complained earlier this year about how little rain we had only for March to be the wettest for years and this month to have continued replenishing the water levels!. Don't get me wrong, we have seen the sun but it's usually been accompanied by a nice cold breeze.

 In fact Storm Noa was around in the week and I noticed that due to all the rain and wind, the statue of Guinevere on her column was on a slight tilt! So Paul took her off the top, just in case one of the gusts of wind proved enough to tip her over and placed her safely out the way. Today he's re leveled the base and she is back up watching over the house garden but that means another job to add, in making a secure level concrete base for her and her column to stand on, at some time before the winter arrives.

Which pretty much means the garden is a big mess and half the things that would have been done are still waiting and the weeds believe we've gone over to 'natural' planting! We have also lost a few large shrubs over the winter, a couple may renew from the base but most that were caught by the minus 14 temperature will need to be dug up and replaced. Although it's a shame to lose a lovely mature shrub , it does allow for a redesign of the space, so not all is lost along with the plant. But now it's a case of getting out there whatever the weather and getting things moving.



We had to pull out from showing the garden for the church in July, because there is just too much to do and not enough time to do it before the date, so at least we can now plod along at our own pace without worrying. The photo above shows the flower garden, where we dug out a circle intending to pave it while slightly widening the borders but then with Paul waiting on his op, the weather turning cold and then very wet, it's stayed waiting and is now covered in grass etc and will require a good few weeks of work just to get it ready for whatever we decide to do with it but before that can happen, weeding and repairing the pond needs to happen first.

I'm still waiting on getting another laptop, due to the one I'd decided on being out of stock and me not being able to decide on another! Is this an age thing? I don't remember being anywhere near this indecisive when I was younger! I'd decide on something and that would be it and it would not take weeks just a day or so! 

It could also get delayed by the fact I had an issue with a couple of my teeth, so may need to pay for some dental work! 


We've been working on the one sixth doll's house. Adding some satin cherry blossom designed red fabric to some card and then to the walls. Looked nice and flat when added only to bubble up later. So for now it's stays but may need to be sorted out again later. 


took this photo of it's owner Ten Ping checking it out as the afternoon sun hit the red.

I've also been stitching more carpets, one for my dolls house and one for a friend, which I finished yesterday and just need to back and then send off.


I originally planned on making this as just that centre section but then decided to add the extra border.

So I then decided to make one for a friend with a similar look.


After taking this off the frame, Paul kindly pointed out I had missed a small block in the corner, so I managed to remove and replace the missing block and it's now just waiting for the backing. I have to say I have got so used to sitting stitching in the evenings that I feel like something is missing each time I've finished, so another piece of fabric is awaiting a new design. Although I probably should be knitting instead due to the wool sitting around waiting to be used!

We went and saw Princess Clara and young Prince Adam, for the day on Thursday , which was wonderful, they are growing so fast and Adam is now a right chatterbox.


On the doll front all's been quiet, no one's left and no one's arrived! I did sell the small German tin stove which was good. Now I need to get into the studio and find more prop's that can go but as is usual, I see things and think Oh I could use that! even though it's not been used in the years I have owned it!

If you are wondering about the photo at the start of some Rosie Bloom dolls shoes, I decided to share the photo of them as they are some of the first pairs I managed to buy years ago and are a lovely soft leather that have the look of a well worn pair of children's shoes, which I just love.

So I need to go and clear all the things that that have been stored under the gazebo for the winter and all the various pots of plants scattered about the patio, so that now finally we may have some decent weather, the place with look tidy and ready to use.

I wish you all a lovely healthy fun filled week ahead.


Dee

2 comments:

  1. I really love those carpets Dee, I wish you would do step by step so I could learn to make one myself. :)
    Hope you had a happy Easter, big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will put a photo by photo post on when I make the next one. hugs x

      Delete