Sunday 23 April 2023

SUNDAY AFTER A BUSY WEEK

 


Yes it's all been happening this last week. Usually it's quite quiet and just pottering around but it turned into a full on busy week one way and another!.

Since I retired I hardly use my sweet little car and it tends to sit out on the drive, near the car port or sometimes just inside waiting patiently to be taken out and about. But it sat in vain only getting a round every so often and usually requiring the battery to be checked before any planned outing. So I decided that it had to go and we'd sort out about selling it by the end of the month.

Then suddenly on Monday afternoon, our neighbours asked if we were planning on selling, Paul had mentioned it to them recently, to which I said yes, turned out their sister in law was looking to buy a small car and could they come and view it. 

Well naturally I was going out the next day on one of it's few trips, so arranged for them to call the next afternoon. Long and short , it was sold that afternoon and collected on Thursday. I was very sad to see it go as it was a beautiful shiny blue Micra and had done me wonderful service for ten years and probably had another ten or more in it. But it was silly to leave it sitting there not moving for months at a time. So now I will have to share Paul's car, just need to have a few drives of it.

I was shocked when I called the car insurance company, who said even though I had removed one car from the policy it would only save us £4 a month! Naturally I said I'd go look elsewhere if that is the case! So today I saved £22 a month by going with another insurer! How can that be right, that I have to move insurers in order to save when removing a car?? No savings for being a loyal customer of many years! 

Also as I stated in yesterday's post the laptop I had, finally gave up the ghost on Monday and would not turn on! So I started looking at what to replace it with. So a new one was ordered on Thursday arrived on Friday and set up. 

Paul also started working on repairing the fish pond , which we'd kept only half full over winter, so needed to get it sorted before any really hot weather. We decided to take it right back to the start and removed everything, putting the seven fish into a large tub while the work was done. Naturally it rained a few times over the week but it's now all back together with the fish back in, no doubt enjoying the nice deep clean water.

That's the first of lots of jobs that have to be done this year in the garden, next we need to replace all the rotten boards on the raised garden at the end. 



Not much as been happening on the doll front. Well not on the selling side! I did take receipt of two beds and a wardrobe for my Ten Ping doll, whose house Paul's building and the doors and windows arrived for that too. But naturally I'm now wondering if it needs another floor, so I can fit a kitchen and bathroom in, which I had hoped would fit in by splitting each room into a living room /kitchen and a bedroom/bathroom but it would be too tight. So a decision will need to be made before Paul can make the front.

I did also buy Yu Ping, Ten Ping's little sister, so she would have a companion. Plus various items to furnish their home.

I also did not make anything this week, which is bad, since I have so much stuff to be able to make things with, so must do better next week. In that vain I'm off to check out my yarns so I can start on making some of the many things the dolls or family require.

Wishing you all a very happy healthy week ahead

Dee


4 comments:

  1. In the same boat with the car, but I cannot let it go, I cannot stand the thought of it not being there if I need it when hubby is out and about. I know what you mean about the no savings for being a loyal customer of many years! There was a time when insurance companies used to give you a no claim bonus, but like most big companies these days, it's all about greed! Not a big fan of insurance companies, but they are a necessary evil when it comes to home & car.

    Looking forward to seeing Paul's creation for Ten Ping. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but I finally gave in and sold her. Seems odd still not to see her outside.
      I agree insurance companies are a necessary evil. Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. It's hard to give up your wheels, but if you can, it's best to do without, as cars can eat up so much money. I've actually never owned a car in my life. Percy and Robin are certainly looking dapper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, we have had to have cars die to living in fairly rural places. We decided to learn to drive when we were standing with all our shopping in the falling snow and the bus didn't arrive and we had to wait another 30 minutes for the next one, which was when we were just married and moved out from London, so no trains or tubes and plenty of buses to chose from.
      Percy and Robin are refusing to change until we have a whole week of sunny warm weather, so that will be about mid August !

      Delete