Sunday 9 July 2023

ANOTHER SUNNY SUNDAY


 Yes, the weather is still nice and sunny, despite it being Wimbledon, when it's almost guaranteed to rain! Which it has been doing at Wimbledon but we have only had the odd short downpour now and then, just enough to give the garden a watering.


z


So we are trying to build another water feature in the garden on the raised bed. All was going well until we started trying to build a waterfall ! Who knew it could be so hard to put the stones into the right place to get the fall right etc ! Luckily we have been married for so many years, that the calm's returned once we've stopped and returned indoors! 

The turn it this way, no not that way ..that way.. could have destroyed a young marriage quite easily! or at least resulted in a spate of silence! But at lunch today, after another morning of, try that stone, no good, but what about that one etc , we have realised our error and how we can make it work! 

But Paul's got a bowls match this afternoon, so we will have to put our 'light bulb' moment into action tomorrow.

We enjoyed getting to look round our local village gardens, some were several acres! One even had a big and I do mean big greenhouse style building at the end of which was a long wooden table and what looked like a kitchen! That garden also had what looked to be an office with several computer stations in a building just over to the side of the big greenhouse, so I wondered if it was the 'works' kitchen. There was also a lovely large garden with three water features, one large pond facing the patio, a small stream leading to a large pond, in a filed to the side and then tucked away at the side of the house behind some very large hedges, a zen garden area with a tiny water feature in the centre of some old York stone paving with a bench so you could sit and enjoy some peace and tranquility , well if there were not other people appearing through the hedge entrance!

I wished I'd taken my camera, so I could have shared some photos. 


Hattie's hats are still being made, working my way through the pinks and now starting on the blues. The box of cotton is going down nicely however, being me, I decided I really needed (Mmm ) to make some green hats too. But I don't have any green as such in my box, so off I go , just to look you understand, at some green. Amazed to find just how much they are now asking for balls of dk cotton! Did it stop me? .. no of course not! I just searched around until I found the cheapest price and bought two balls of two different greens. 

So far I have made somewhere in the region of 50 plus hats! I said to my sister Michelle, that this was obviously going to be the year I made 70 or more hats and only manged to sell three! But as I told her, I'm really enjoying making them and want to see just how many I can make from the cotton in the box ( plus the extra greens). Looks like Hattie's Hat's with Hattietude will be a record year for hat production!



Zak, our headliner, was changed this week into some lovely lime green dungaree shorts, newly received, along with an existing Ginny striped T shirt we already had. Toby was also changed into a yellow pair but I'll need to go find what he's up to in order to take his photo. So I did buy a few pieces of clothing for the village clan, however some lovely shorts I got from Ginny, which I then put to one side, I've not been able to find just where that one side is!!! So annoying! But my own fault as \I have several boxes and bags sitting about by my desk and I know they are in there somewhere! Hopefully I'll have found them by next weekend and the other boys can get changed, Percy is walking around in the altogether refusing to get dressed in anything other than his new shorts!!!

On the selling front, I had recent sold a couple of items on ebay which then the buyer didn't bother to pay for! It's seems that people can now do this, without any comeback! I would understand if they'd been pricy items and they realised they  could not afford them, but one was only £3 plus pp! and a last minute bid! another an offer that I accepted ,  No response to a request for payment, even just to say sorry I don't want them or whatever! Not impressed with either the person involved or Ebay for allowing them to get away with it, without them getting a black mark or something.

So just the odd completed sale on some non Sasha/ doll related items but every little helps reduce things and opens up more space.

On that note, I'm off to continue searching for that 'one side' place I put the shorts , so I'll wish you all a lovely healthy fun filled week ahead

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment