Wednesday 12 July 2023

TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT, THAT IS THE QUESTION

 


Toby's been down to the end of the garden to see just what Dad's been up to recently. He thinks the wildlife pond will be a great place to watch for insects coming for a drink.


Zak calls for him to come and see the new bench mum's put right at the end of the garden.


It's not long before Zak wishes he'd not called Toby over!


"I don't think mum's going to be happy with you climbing up her new bench!" 

" Well she should not have bought one with a perfect  climbing frame then!" retorts Toby


"People cannot be expected to not buy something because of you!" Zak states

" Maybe mum wants me to use it to climb on? Did you think of that eh ? " 


"anyway how else am I going to reach these cherries? " says Toby turning back to look at the cherry


Zak looks at what Toby's talking about


"That's not a cherry you can eat!" Zak tells him " This is just an ornimentel cherry tree, not an eating cherry tree!"

" You do talk rubbish " scoffs Toby reaching for the cherry.


Surprisingly Toby makes it back down without falling or getting stuck like what usually happens.

"Look at this cherry Zak, lovely and sweet I bet "

" It's for birds! Not people and it won't be sweet it will be sour!" insists Zak

"I've got two, so we can have one each" Toby tempts " I'll even bite into mine first "


"No thanks! " says Zak marching off " BUT I'LL TELL MUM WHERE TO FIND YOUR BODY!"

he shouts as he leaves.


Mm wonders Toby looking at the cherries, could Zak be right about them? Last time he got all huffy about something Toby ate, he landed up with a very bad tummy upset! But the cherries look like cherries people eat....


He thinks about what to do for a while until finally he throws them into the border below the tree.


giving a deep sigh , he turns away


I know! I'll go ask Hattie and if she says they are ok to eat I can come back and get them. Smiling he dashes off in search of Hattie, sure that he'll be heading back once she's given the all clear!

2 comments:

  1. I really don't think it's possible for Toby to stay out of trouble. Love the new garden bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that to be true alas. Thank you I'm pleased how the bench has worked in the space.

      Delete