Sunday 13 November 2011

LONG SLEEVED DRESSES....

Now that winter is finally on its way and the days are getting slowly colder it is time to get out the long sleeved dresses! I do like the look of a Sasha in a longer dress with long sleeves, I like the studio style dresses and the dresses with petticoats that the lace shows below the hem. These dresses are so lovely and traditional but hard to find!

I have looked at ebay and very few if any are making the dresses with long sleeves or with the longer length and to find a dress with a peeking petticoat is impossible!!

Here are some pictures of what I mean , dresses that I have picked up earlier in the year or last year when you could find one or two of these for sale.

Now this lovely dress came from smpg298 with a sweet little pair of knitted socks ( and if you have read this blog you'll know I like the knitted socks!) I have teamed it here with a pair of boots and a hat. She is wearing a petticoat under but not long enough to give that little 'peek' which is a shame.


Now we have a dress by Patty , I was able to also buy the longer petticoat from her at the same time to achieve the look I was after. Here I have teamed it with a hat I made and some lovely purple boots by Ruth dolls.


Here is the same outfit but without hat. Not sure which I prefer.


Now we have a nice grey long sleeved dress with a check pinafore, I bought this at auction on ebay from someone esle so do not know name of maker. I like the look given by the pinafore .The white boots are from Shelly site.

Now here is another dress by smpg298 which I have teamed with tights and a pair of boots by Ruth dolls.I may have to get my sewing machine out and try my hand at making a pinafore for this dress and maybe a longer style petticoat, although it does look nice as is, but I would like to try adding the other pieces to see what look can be achieved.


This dress is by Nadia ( whose ebay tag escapes me at the moment) and achieves a good look with the plain material at the bottom of dress almost making the patterned material appear to be a pinafore and a nice bright mix of pattern and plain. Teamed with just shoes and socks.


Here is a Dolliepatch dress which comes with a petticoat and long bloomers ( I will do a blog at sometime on Dolliepatch) by having the petticoat it helps to give fullness to the dress and looks nice teamed with the black boots.


Yes I know you have seen this dress before on Sophie-Elizabeth! and yes she is still wearing it from before but this is what happens when you put your girl in an outfit that just clicks! So Sophie-E will be wearing this dress for a while yet...made by Nadia's mother and sold by Nadia , it to me is a little gem.It has the long sleeves and the length to reach the boot tops, the material is light enough in colour that it does not need a petticoat to set it off.


I have added picture of three of the girls together showing the slightly different look given by a collar here or a petticoat there or choice of material.


Just another picture of five of the girls, I did not go for all seven because one was bound to take a dive! and take a couple of others with her.This picture shows the range achieved with this style of dress.

It is a shame that more of these style of dresses are not available on ebay ( my opinion of course you may not agree) I may have to get out my sewing machine as threatened earlier ( my sister is probably laughing her head off at that statement) and start using all the material and lace that I have been buying to make clothes with, I may even have to look at some of the patterns I have bought!!!!
Well I'm off to lie in a darkened room to recover from all this pressure to start sewing..............

4 comments:

  1. Girls look super! I love your Velvet (is that Sapphire?) she really stands out for me in her dress...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Sapphire a very good model,SS

    and I will be watching out for the dresses on your blog Lorraine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely girls and super blog Dee. Enjoying it no end. Love Sarah and her Sashas in Cheltenham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah and her Sasha's in Chelthenham

    ReplyDelete