Wednesday 2 May 2012

AN UNEXPECTED TICK ON WISHLIST

Sometimes fate takes a hand! After seeing the beautiful NP reds on Shelly's, which were way beyond my price range if I still wanted to be a married woman!! I decided that I needed to start another Sasha fund for any future Sasha that was that bit pricer and rarer than the norm.

At the begining of the year I made a small (but ever increasing) list of Sasha's I would like to buy to add to my clan! Some on the list were a long way off due to cost , rarity etc. BUT I had been watching a Sasha on ebay last week which I believed to be one of the ones I would like but would take time due to cost etc.

It was being sold by it's orginial owner and was wearing some of its orginial clothes.She had started the auction at a low price and with no reserve.

Well I placed an early bid to get me on the auction and then watched her increase in price then stop.After giving up on selling family to pay for an NP red off Shelly's, I knew I could bid on this girl. Now here is where fate comes in, this auction was finishing at 8.11am on monday morning, normally I would be at work on a monday at that time but due to having to cover for other people, I had monday and tuesday off and the rest of this week booked as holiday, so I was able to sit and make a last minute bid!

Yes , as you have already guessed I won the bidding and at a much lower price than I expected but even better I am able to tick off one of the Sasha's on my list that I did not think would happen for a long while.

So here are the pictures of my new Girl when she arrived on tuesday.

She is I believe a single fringe Sasha.


I do not know what year she is so if anyone reading this does please let me know, her string is white with purple and green dashes/stripes. I think she is gorgeous and cannot quite believe that she's mine!

She is a bit floppy so will need restringing and she could do with a spa, I have washed her but so far have chickened out of washing her hair, it looks so nicely styled and I worry that it will not after a wash!!


Here she is after a wash and change of clothes, looking beautiful.


Now those of you who have read this blog from the start will know that when I see certain Sasha's or Gregor's their names pop into my head and 99 times out of 100 I will become the owner of said Sasha/Gregor and this girl was no different. The name Belinda popped into my head as soon as I saw her on ebay and despite thinking of other names for her, Belinda, a name I would not really have picked, is the one that persists! So Belinda it is! maybe that was her name before? I'm tempted to email seller and ask if she remembers the name she used.....
Anyway I am one very happy new owner and anyone with more info about Belinda please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I too saw her but was/and unfortunately still am, already committed to struggling to find the cash to finish off paying for another doll.
    Like Lorraine I'm not too good at accurately/precisely dating these dolls (preferring just to buy on their overall looks and appeal) but have to agree that she is most probably a Frido 1968 Single Fringe Brown Cord girl.
    Congratulations and really enjoy loving and owning her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal, I asked Shelly and she just got back me and said the same as you.

      She is a very beautiful girl and a definate keeper, I cannot believe how pretty she is!

      Delete
  2. Many congrats to you on your new fringe girl, she is gorgeous, I did have her in my watching list but was only admiring from afar … my ebay watching list is like window shopping for me! I think the fringe girls are gorgeous, I also had a fringe girl on my wish list and it took me ages to finally get one. So lovely that you bought her from her original owner too. She looks lovely redressed, the colours really suit her. Cathy x

    comment from Cathy

    ReplyDelete