Thursday 10 November 2016

GERTIE GIRLS

Way back when Janet was doing her take on the studio dolls from the Sasha Studio book, I fell in love with 'Gertie' on of the girls made over.

I have watched a few 'Gertie Girl's ' appear every now and then and considered getting one for my own, then forgot all about it.
Then when I was at the SC weekend , I saw Kendal's , Ginger's and Janet's girls and thought yes I would love a 'Gertie Girl '.



This is Kendal's girl

 And this is Ginger's Girl, Gertie, The first Gertie Girl.


Here we have Edith (Janets) Clarice ( Kendal's ) and Gertie ( Ginger's )at the SCW in May.

Then I forgot all about it again until I came across a Pintuck girl up for auction on Ebay, so I made a bid and won her. I contacted Janet and arranged to hand her my doll at the Chat n Snap, so that she could take her home and when she had time turn her into a 'Gertie Girl'.


So here she is .


Her hair is a Reddish Blonde

Her eyes, blue/grey


She tells me her name is Maude but everyone calls her Maudie May


She's missed the village


She enjoyed staying with Auntie Janet while she was given her makeover but it was good to be home!


She'd forgotten her glasses when she went to visit ,so is glad she's home and get back to her favourite pass time, reading!


So she's off to find a book, to take to bed with her as she's quite tired from her trip.


*********************************************************************************

Many thanks to Janet for making my girl into a 'Gertie Girl' , I thinks she's going to fit in perfectly.



11 comments:

  1. Your Gertie girl is lovely Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. More congratulations! Your Gertie is such a little sweetheart. Lucky you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I'm so happy to have her 😍

      Delete
  3. ....And so the Janet/Gertie clan increases making this style of eye and hair Janet's MOST popular Sasha Doll customisation.
    Great too see that photo of Janet's Edith, Ginger's Gertie and my Clarise together at the SCW again.
    How super your Maude looks with her spectacles. So very wise, clever and studious! Love her red hair, a nice change from the other blondes and brunettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes another Gertie girl to join the Gertie gang. So nice that they are all just slightly different from each other but still have that great look.
      I have to confess I lifted the three Gertie photo from your blog ,I knew you'd enjoy seeing it again 😍

      Delete
  4. I love your Gertie Girl! She is so beautiful Dee. Maudie May is a perfect name for your new girl. I love her wig color and a very lovely outfit too! Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of Maudie May in the Village!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. I'm so happy to have my own Gertie Girl and I wanted a nice old fashioned name . I nearly called her Tilly but snd insisted on Maudie May! So I did not argue!xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely girl Maudie May is! She's beautiful and Janet's done a super job on her. I like her eye colour and her hair is very nice.
    A wonderful edition to the Village :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love these Gertie Girls :) I'm sure she'll be busy round the village over the coming months and new year :) xx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post about the Gertie Girls, one day they will have to have a reunion! Kendal is right, it is my most popular request. I love Maudie May in her glasses, I know how she loves to get stuck into a book or two xxx

    ReplyDelete