Tuesday 11 September 2018

A WONDERFUL DOLL DAY

Today one of my friend's came to spend the day for some doll talk and play!


Jane brought along two of her Sasha's who talked almost as much as we did! While they chatted , we organised a little more of my studio, clearing some space and helping me make some decisions about what needed to go where, which was really helpful. I had managed to set up the living room ready for the visit.


Jane was amazed at my stash of fabric, so I shocked her later with the other four boxes !


We left the girls still chatting while we went inside for lunch! I hope that pig's not on the sofa!


Jane very kindly gave me a gift .


Two beautiful petticoats and three pairs of mittens for my BJD Kaye Wiggs dolls all made by Jane.


She also helped put together  a style/look for my newest girl Elora, that Paul bought me for my birthday, I knew what I was after but Jane helped me pull it together. It always helps having another's input , especially if they are on the same wave length as you.


Her wig needs fixing down properly and a better photo would help but Jane was a massive help, in guiding me to a few places on the internet, that had exactly what I was looking for style wise for her.
Then we looked for the right fabric , then found some possible fabric in the boxes I already had, but I'll still buy some of what we saw for a colour choice.

But we had a wonderful day, which went way to fast but plans were made , characters formed, story lines discussed, so much so that the Sashas had been left to amuse themselves for hours!

It was one of those day where you needed forty eight hours in a day and it still wouldn't have been long enough!

So now I am buzzing to get the sewing machine out and start putting her look into clothing she can start wearing.


There was only one person who wasn't happy about all the attention the new girl was getting.....


*********************************************************************************

6 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much Dee........I had such a fun fun fun day and I am still on such a dolly high. I feel really privileged to have seen Elora begin to reveal her true look and I can't wait to see what you make for her now.

    The trouble with leaving my Sasha girls so long in that wonderful sitting room of yours is that they are nagging me for a roomset now! LOL!

    And you are right.....I am still reeling from the sight of all that wonderful fabric *faint*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming and making the day so lovely. It's so nice that Elora is finally coming together and will soon be able to meet Elfine!!

      Well all Sasha do need a space to hang out! :)

      I'm wondering if I missed out some of my fabric stash.. it's seems smaller than I remember... lol

      Delete
  2. How lovely for you and Jane to spend a whole day together doing dolly stuff, you're a lucky pair! I bet your jaws were aching at the end of the visit ;)
    I think your new girl looks lovely, such a pretty style you've chosen for her.
    As for the fabric, I have to laugh because I know you told me you had loads, so now I hope you will definitely be inspired to make something for your girls, you know you can do it!!! :)
    I also had to laugh that despite all that fabric, you still think you should buy something more....LOL a woman after my own heart!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely Sharon, it's a shame you don't live in UK so you could join us. Maybe we'll have to have a Spanish doll weekend sometime!
      I'm so pleased with how Elora's look is coming along now I just need to make those clothes for her.
      Don't you just find that no matter how much fabric you known you never have the one you need for a project... lol which is why one always needs some more!! lol :) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have a dolly day with Jane. It is so nice to have the extra set of eyes and the encouragement of a like minded friend. Thank you for sharing your Elora and I hope your sweet pouty girl gets her turn soon. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little living room setup! The mantelpiece and pine paneling are so cozy and inviting. No wonder the pig wants to be apart of it!

    ReplyDelete