Sunday 2 September 2018

SEPTEMBER'S FIRST SUNDAY

And what a beautiful day for the first day of autumn. The sun is shining and it's lovely and warm. I think Autumn could be my favourite of the four seasons.
The weather is still warm enough to enjoy outside, even into late October and early November. You can watch as nature puts itself to bed ready for Winter.
The wonderful golds and bronze , yellows and reds as leaves change before finally dropping.


It's also time to start thinking about the Chat N  Snap, which is now only seven weeks away! Elton Ron very kindly helped with a photo for me to use, to remind everyone that it's coming soon and outfits need to be found for those Sasha's and Gregor's who want to attend the Halloween Ball/ Dance.

So will be working on the design over the coming weeks , maybe it will get finished ahead of time.... maybe... lol

Getting the photo together also gave me an idea which firmed up when I received a couple of photos from my friend carol in Canada.

So announcing here today but I will remind you all again in October. For those who cannot attend the chat n snap due to distance or other commitments that weekend , a little competition. If you are not /unable to attend the chat n snap , I am running a little fun competition , send in a photo before the 20th October of your Sasha's /Grgeor's ready , going trick or treating , getting ready for some Halloween fun or anything else with a Halloween theme and there will be a few prizes up for grabs.




There is one part of the garden that always looks good whatever the season, The cloisters. If I can stop Paul leaving things on it, it is almost always picture perfect . this was yesterday afternoon with the sun catching the end nearest the camera.

Well we are off for the next two weeks and although not going away, due to the dogs being too young to take away for a whole week, we will be going out and about and spending time chilling and also doing things at home.

The Shelf day is on the 5th so get those photos in only three days! I'll be popping on and off during the next two weeks as one of the things I am doing is sorting out more of my doll things.

so have a great week ahead.

Dee x





9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your staycation - all that lovely doll-sorting time, excpet for the selling bit! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I'd enjoy it slightly more if I lived by the sea like you do :) It's a dangerous time for dolls and their clothes round here ! :) x

      Delete
  2. Elton Ron is a brave boy to sit so nonchalantly next to that grinning Jack-O-Lantern. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elton Ron know no fear! He's too young to realise just how dangerous things can be! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the resulting Halloween photos from this event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our members are so talented , I cannot wait to see what turns up! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Elton Ron and his Halloween outfit and pretty pumpkin! Thank you for reaching out to this is us who cannot attend the C&S. A wonderful idea and time to think about an entry! The cloistered part of your garden is so inviting and just wonderful to see. I forgot about shelf day and will try and send a photo today. 😬
    Thank you for a great post. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elton Ron does like to scare people! ;) Great to know you will take part in the Halloween photo post. :)
      Thank you for the shelf photo, always welcome whenever they arrive. :) xxx

      Delete
  5. The Cloisters does look beautiful, such a great place for photos.
    It's amazing that the CnS has come around again so soon....maybe I will gear myself up to enter the photo competition! But you know me, I'm full of great intentions!
    Elton Ron looks great and ready for Halloween, love his pumpkin and his skeleton suit.
    I know that autumn is pretty colour-wise but I still cannot get my head around the darkening evenings and the tries losing their leaves, I think despite being here in Spain with the sunshine etc., I still suffer from that SAD thingy. :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete