Friday 16 August 2019

RAIN ! AGAIN !

Today I was planning on visiting the Princess that is Clara and her mum Courtney. However I've had a headache on and off for the last few days, but woke up feeling fine and was planning to go, only for the weather forecast to say very heavy rain would be falling when I'd be driving home on the M25 and other motorways, I was debating whether to go but then the headache returned along with a snuffly nose, so the decision was made for me.

So after a mid morning doze and a couple of headache pills, I was feeling somewhat better, so decided I'd make the cushions for the arts and crafts chair. I'd had to stop last weekend when I realised I did not have a cord foot for my sewing machine ! A scan of ebay found me two possible ones that would fit my machine , so I ordered them then had to wait!  They arrived in the week, so now I could begin.


So a couple of hours later I was finished.


Although I have made my own cord to use on furnishing's I had never used this style of cording and I think I'll make my own if I need to use any again. It was a bit of a nightmare to try and turn a nice straight corner and of course not knowing this I'd cut the bottom cushion to go round the front posts to have a nice finish. So had a triple corner in a very small length of fabric, which was a nightmare to manage, but I did if not as smartly as it should have been.




Which you can see in this photo, although I forgot to put it back a little to sit nicely before taking photo !



Although the pattern is quite big I think i suits the chair well.


So since Clara is not here, the teddies decided to try it out for size. First up was Flying Captain Freddie , he found it quite comfortable. Freddie is new to me but a vintage bear of many years


Next was Pebs, which is short for Paul Edward Bear ,who I've owned since Paul gave him to me forty six years ago, he is wearing a rugby style shirt worn by all my girls, making that a good thirty seven years old!



Well the rain started while I was sewing and it's not stopped and won't until early tomorrow morning but I feel I have at least had a productive day .





*********************************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. I think it turned out beautiful. I love the fabric and think you did a very neat job. I admire people who can make things like that. I'm afraid I've never taken to the sewing machine (talking about getting a headache). I love the framed print too. What a special bear Pebs must be too you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do quite like sewing for the house back in the day I used to make my own curtains etc, now the thought of all that fabric and lining is too much. But small things appeal.
      I've had the print a while and It's going on loan to Clara until she no longer wants it, then it can come home again.
      Pebs is very special and I tend to forget just how mature he is getting :)

      Delete
  2. It looks fabulous Dee, you are your own worst critic. I don't envy you at all, that cord would have ended in the bin if it were me and I would probably have reverted to home made piping instead. I must say, the bears look quite happy and proud sitting in it! :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It does look nice I agree on that. Yes defo home made cord if ever I use it again.
      I think he's loving having a soft seat to sit on :) x

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful chair and cushions Dee, you've done a great job on them. The bears look as if they're incredibly comfortable, I hope they'll share with Princess Clara when she comes to sit on her special chair.
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I'm sure Princess Clara will turf them off when she visits , lol. Maybe she'll share ? xx

      Delete
  4. The fabric and cord for the cushions enhances what is already a lovely chair. You've done a great job, it's such a talent to be able to sew like that. Hope you're felling better, Viv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv. I do like the fabric against the dark wood of the chair. I think this cold is one of those that takes it time because it never arrives full blown but lurks about for a couple of weeks ! sigh...

      Delete