Sunday 24 November 2019

THE LAST SUNDAY OF NOVEMBER!

30 days have September, April June and November! which means today is the last Sunday of what seems a very short month even if it isn't!

My working week was busy, due to staffing levels along with staff holidays, so not a lot of time for much in the evening. I was also out Tuesday night and had the dentist on Friday morning.

The weekend's been spent with the Princess Clara, so no true dolly play although she did enjoy playing with Bruno and Sansa, although today Bruno was her favourite.

I did however received my scout uniforms that I had asked Ginny to make me and dressed four of the boys over the weenend.


Ollie and his best friend Bertie were happy to go outside for me to take a couple of photos of them, they just need their belts and a badge or two and they'll be set to join the Sasha Village scout troop.



Paul made some scones and rye bicuits to share with the family, he also made some bread which was soon just crumbs.

With Christmas just round the corner, I did have a little wander round our local town, after my dentist appointment , stopping to look at all the goodies that appear this time of year. Of course I saw loads of things that I loved , which is always the way when you are meant to be buying for others.

And yes I did buy a couple of things.....


I bought these mushroom tree decorations, so sweet , I'm very into mushrooms at the moment of course they are not for the tree!


 Here is Contsance Olive to show you their size, they will make perfect props for the dolls. In fact my son in law saw my large mushrooms and jokingly said no need to wrap them for Christmas he'd take them as they were! Seems they'd make  a good prop for his games! He does battlefields with loads of metal soldiers and also other fantasy figures I believe I did show him the small mushrooms that he thought would be even better, so will try and buy him a couple to put in his present next time I'm in town.

I did also succome to another item for myself, yes I know you should not buy things this time of year incase someones already bought you it for Christmas. But since I'd not aksed for this item I felt safe buying it.


This Emma Bridgewater, winter animals at night, tray plate was just too lovely to pass by ! It will come in handy at Christmas and meanwhile look great on the dresser.
Unfortunately it did also make me start to think It could be nice just to fill the dresser with Christmas china every December ! Which would give me a good excuse to buy more of the Christmas china in the future plus it would be nice to ring the changes on the china kept on the dresser adding more interest. So a win win ...

Well it's a short post today, I hope you all have a lovely healthy week ahead.

Dee 

11 comments:

  1. The boys look great in their Scout uniforms.
    And I like the mushrooms, but I particularly love the Christmas themed china tray, the polar bear looks gorgeous. I think that's a great idea to be able to ring the changes with the china.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm getting more into the idea of ringing the changes with other china themes on my dresser, such agreat excuse to buy more! lol xx

      Delete
  2. For me, the end of November means that the pressure is really on now to get on with all of the Christmas tasks! Those are wonderful scout uniforms, and I really love your two adorable Gotz lads. Their hairstyles are certainly a study in contrast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christmas! it's just on it's way and will no doubt appear quicker than we expect!
      Ollie is mine and Bertie is Jenni's and is visiting from Wales, he came for the Chat n Snap and to play for a while. Ollie's hair is certaining more on the wild side that Berties! :)

      Delete
    2. Well, you know when you're a scout and you're out roughing it in the wilderness, there's no time for fancy hair tonics. Just dip your head in a bucket of cold water and you're good to go!

      Delete
  3. Ah some handsome boys in blue you have there . :)
    Love the mushrooms and your pretty display of china! Christmas decorations do make wonderful props Dee, that's another reason I enjoy this season so much. Best to wait until after Christmas and buy them on special though. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the lads in blue :) I agree it's nice to have props, I will certainly keep my eye open for any on sale after Christmas xx

      Delete
  4. Blue is my favourite colour and what a great display you have here, those boys are such handsome scouts! Vivx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! along with Purple. The boys do look very handsome in their blue uniforms. xx

      Delete
  5. Everybody needs Emma Bridgewater in their lives. I always try and buy one piece every month, trouble is I have loads of the stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! :) I must say that's a good idea about buy a piece a month.... I tend to have a spurge every now and then but there is a place in town that sells EB, so I may made it a must to go check out what they have every monthfor a purchase ;)
      I have quite a bit myself but feel you can NEVER have too much EB lol xxx

      Delete