Friday 7 March 2014

BUSY DAY OF VISITING , VISITORS AND ARRIVALS....

Back in November when Gill and myself met up with Gayle, we arranged to meet up again when Gayle was back in England.
So about a month back it was firmed up that Gayle would get a train from Cambridge , where I would collect her and drive her on to Gill's for a visit and some lunch.The day was today, after collecting Gayle and a drive, we arrived at Gill's.


Gill's shop was set up selling Wool under the name of Knitty Nora! A couple of her girl's were out with their pram's browsing.


Love this cord dress by Sarah of Vintage Sasha and boots by Lisa, Hat by Hattie and Tights by Michelle.


This young lady is in another Hattie hat with boots by Lisa and coat by Ruth Hartley.



A lovely row of Gill's girls wearing Ruth Hartley and Ginny from A Passion for Sasha.


The twins were just back from Sea scouts.


The No navel's were in a very deep conversation!


While Gill's third NN was riding the Chopper.


One of the girl's was working away in the Office.....


We arrives as several of the children were off to school.


This is Gayle girl Mel who also came to visit, she was gorgeous and Both Gill and myself offered to swap a few clothes and a Sasha for her But for some strange reason Gayle declaimed our generous offers!!


She popped along to Knitty Nora's to get some wool for a sweater she was planning.


Hattie was also looking at the wool, wanting to get some samples ready for the coming Summer range.


Lots of chat and laughter was the order of the day but also I had arranged to have a parcel delivered to Gill's as the lady could only send on Thursday and I wanted to see this purchase as soon as possible!

Why? Because this doll I had found on ebay listed as a Cissy doll from the 60's? I knew exactly what this doll was and it appeared that another Sasha collector had seen it too! So it was a case of waiting until the auction's last day to see what would happen! I was working when it was due to finish so I left my best bid that morning and went off to work fully expecting that I would be out bid and that would be that.

So I was over the moon when I came home and remembered about the bid and found much to my surprise that I had WON!!!

I suppose you'd like to see what turned up? I must say I did worry in case it was a scam and I would receive a Cissy doll, whatever that was but I am very pleased to say that we were all very excited with what the wrapping revealed!!!










YES! a Shorts boy! I was so happy when I won this young man as I had to sell Nathaniel my shorts boy to help pay a bill and I did love him.



He was pretty dirty and he only had his shorts and pants.


Such Gorgeous eyes this lad has.

Well Gill very kindly supplied me with things to clean him and wash his hair and then I dressed him in some clothes I had bought for him to wear.


So here he is before his wash and brush up........


He looks quite tired after all the excitement of his journey and then meeting three squealing woman!


I quite like his wet un-brushed spiky hair look! But what a face!! I'm still trying to settle on a name for him , it may be Rufus or Robin or something totally different!!


His new little baby sister Josie  kept him company while he rested.

Well we had a lovely day and after packing up all my Sasha's and a very new Gregor , we headed off so I could drop Gayle off to get her train back to Cambridge and I could take my new boy home to meet his Dad!!

This weekend we have some Visitor's to the Village who will find mysterious happenings may require their urgent help !!

********************************************************************************

18 comments:

  1. isn't it fascinating out people don't identify a doll properly and list it incorrectly. I don't know of any boy Cissy dolls, unless of course the person listing it thought that it was a girl with cropped hair. What a lucky win you had on ebay that time (and a shame you had to sell Nathaniel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree you would think people would look to see if the doll that have looks like another on ebay before listing but then we wouldnever find a bargain! although you do get the ones that do look and decide their standard sasha is a 60's np and want to start the bidding at £600!!
      I think I was meant to have him because I had to leave a bid and hope for the best!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased that you all had a great time. (I meant this morning to wish you a super day as I knew that this event was happening but had to rush out. for an appointment)

    Gill's dolls look as beautifully dressed as ever and I love the wool shop idea!

    I too saw the 'Cissy' doll and pointed him out to a couple of my friends who I knew were still wanting a Gregor Shorts. He looks super, as does his new baby sister.

    Gayle's visiting girl looks beautiful and I'm sure that she must have had a thrilling Sasha day as well as you three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal.
      Yes Gill's dolls are always wonderfully turned out unlike my own poor children.....
      I see it was your fault that I had to pay more for him.. :)
      Mel , Gayle NP girl with re rooted hair is gorgeous and loved playing with the others.

      Delete
  3. I love your shorts boy Dee!!!! Congrats on winning such a handsome lad. This is such a nice post because I really enjoy seeing Gill's dolls and the Knitty Nora shop too. Just so nice to see and glad you had a great day with Gayle too. Hugs, Ginger xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger I could not believe that I managed to win him, I so love the Shorts boys.
      Gill's girl's are always lovely to see and she changes her shop display each time I visit!
      Gayle, Gill and myself had a great get together, it's always nice to meet up with sasha friends and gossip and exchange tips and gifts :)
      Dee xx

      Delete
  4. What a great day you had. I would love to know more about Mel - what 'kind' of Sasha is she, apart from being of the stunning kind?
    As for your Cissy - he is certainly all boy and no cissy! I'm surprised that somebody who knew the name Cissy belonged to a doll range didn't think to look at other Evilbay sellers' wares to identify him, but I'm sure that was good news for you! Just shows, I shouldn't just put Sasha doll into the search bar on Ebay, I probably missed out on lots of things that way!
    Might not be around to read your blog for a while - hospital looms, but will catch up later.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did indeed have a great time. Mel is Gayle's NP re root that she got for a song!! She looked good in every thing that Gayle put on her!
      With regard to my new boy, who is as you say no cissy!, he is just gorgeous and I am so glad that she did not list him in correct place or he would have gone well out of my league or someone would have put in last minute bid and I'd have lost him by £5!!!
      Hope all goes well with your hospital stay and I'll make sure lots happen in the village so you'll have thimngs to read once you escape!!
      Dee xx

      Delete
  5. My goodness what a bit of great luck that was finding this lovely Shorts Gregor seeing as he was listed under another name! I don't know how you come across such great finds.....please email me privately with some tips!!!! Anyway, he is incredibly handsome in the second from last photo, what beatiful eyes he has!!! And a new baby too! And I didn't even realise that you were expecting! ;)
    I'm glad to hear that you had a great time with Gill and Gayle, sounds like you had fun. The girls are all beautifully dressed as usual, and Gayles little girl is lovely. I'm AMAZED that Gayle didn't take you up on your offer to swap a few bits and bobs for her!! ;)
    I loved Gills wool shop idea, the small balls of wool are great....even I might be able to knit with such small amounts of wool! LOL.
    All in all a super post, I really enjoyed seeing all the lovely girls in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a massive piece of luck especially managing to win him! I am a great believer in fate and I am sure he was meant to be mine as I love these boys so mcuh and had to give poor Nathaniel up for adoption.
      We do have a great time when a few Sasha nuts get together, gossip, tips , a good laugh and more!
      I love seeing what Kendal and Gill do with their shops!

      Delete
  6. WOW!! What a handsome boy is he. Congratulation! It's a dream:) I look for a redhead Gregor too. But I don't have luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Keep looking you never know what will turn up, you just need no one else to see him before he's due to finish!

      Delete
  7. Well done on your shorts boy find and Gills shop looks fab, glad you had such a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa. I love what Gill does with her shop window. What's in yours at the moment or is it tucked away while you sort out the house?
      You know what a good hostess Gill is :)

      Delete
  8. You're having a funny day together!
    And what a great find! So sorry you've to sell Nat. But this quite intelligent looking boy may heal the wound.
    (Oh sounds bit to much pathetic:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always fun when sasha people get together :)
      Finding this lovely boy does indeed help ease the sorrow of nate's departure.

      Delete