Saturday 22 March 2014

SPRING HAS SPRUNG....

Well at least in the village! Today it is bright and very cold and windy! Which stands to reason because I wanted to dress my girls in some new clothes and take photo's outside.
Well I was not giving up, so all was made ready and then it was a trip into the garden for a photo shot.
And of course as soon as I stood the first girl up for her photo the wind rose and swirled around!
I hope you enjoy the results and a warning there are a lot of photo's!! so may be best to get a drink before starting to view.....


We begin at the Chat n Snap last October when I spotted this lovely pink linen button smock outfit by Sarah of Vintage Sasha which I snapped up and put away until now. It's being worn by Raven my No Navel along with socks by Gill and shoes by Rosie Bloomfield.

Now I had seen a gorgeous teal green one on Sarah's blog site but was to late to purchase it much to my regret because I adored the colour, so I was over the moon to find that Kendal had commission one for my clan for Christmas.


Here being worn by Martha my red haired No navel, the most gorgeous no navel in my opinion, she is also wearing Gill's socks and Rosie Bloomfield shoes.

Now having these two outfits set me on an idea to have all my No Navel girls wearing Linen button smocks in a plain colour by Sarah, so having seen a Natural and also a lemon colour in her previous sales I asked if she could make me one in each .


So here we have Ashley wearing the lemon one that Sarah kindly made along with Rosie shoes and socks by Petrana.

Now being very cheeky I went back to Sarah and asked what linen she had as I needed some more plain coloured button smocks for an idea I had for the blog. She said that she would search through her stash of fabrics make some up and I could chose what I wanted.
So the lovely Sarah did this and then sent me the photo's and I said Thank you I will take them all! She was a little stunned thinking that I had only wanted a couple but I believe in striking while the iron's hot as when would I ever get another chance to have such a select of colours. So they arrived in the post even the Orange one! yes Orange, Sarah tries to say it's Coral but it is Orange! More about that one later...


So now we have Agnetha in blue this time with Jean Jensen shoes and Gill socks.


A closer look at the Blue and Pink.


Now Ginny as joined wearing the Lilac set with Jean Jensen shoes and Sarah socks.


A closer view of the lilac set with the blue.


and now Winter my No Navel Brunette as joined wearing the mint green set with Sarah socks and Jean Jensen double strap shoes.


A closer look at the lemon and mint sets.


There they are all six of my No navel girls wearing plain coloured linen button smocks by Sarah of Vintage Sasha , it is just what I was hoping for a lovely range of beautiful colour.
and I cannot quite believe that I had almost the right colour shoes and socks to go with each set! This comes from having been collecting for a few years now and making the decision to buy good shoes in a range of colours along with good socks also.
Gill if you are reading this I need a pair of lilac and a pair of mint green socks :) but hold fast there could be more!!


Now this photo includes all the other plain button smocks.


Here is a close up of Sophie the only later girl in the line up. She was the last one I dressed because I am not a lover of Orange! So every time I put this smock up against a Sasha I decided it did not suit! and put it to one side then tried another colour until it was the last one... Sarah laughingly tried to tell me it was Coral! But if you are reading this Sarah the socks she's wearing are CORAL the smock is Orange!!! I must say I nearly decided not to use it but when I found the apricot Jean Jensen shoes and the coral Gill socks it seemed to come together and looks quite nice on Sophie, so for now it stays.
I know you are wondering why did I buy that one if I'm not a fan of the colour but in the overall look of them all together it adds to that side of the colour range.


On the other end we have in purple Belinda with White Gill socks and Jean Jensen shoes. Jocelyn in Berry with Gill socks with a pink edge and Jj shoes and Paige in Natural with cream socks with a claret stripe by Gill and JJ shoes. Belinda is a 68 single fringe girl and Jocelyn a 68 full fringe girl and Paige a 69 Dungarees girl. I think these three colours go well together.


So here they all are again in their range of beautiful coloured Vintage Sasha Button smocks.I just need a pair of berry coloured shoes and toning socks along with a pair of purple socks, which I may have somewhere!


here are some photo's I took of them on the covered bench out of the wind.


Did not realise until I just put this photo on how the no navel girls are going up in height!


The sun decided at this point to get in one the proceedings !


Very citrus looking this end.


Here I tried to take the photo through the trellis hoping to get a line of the girls.


Not quite all of them and the sun is shining again!


side view but only three in shot!


ALMOST! I should have moved Sophie a little forward and then she's have been in the photo and not just her lovely foot!


The last one with the sun but still a very cold wind but at least on the bench they are sheltered from being blown over.

With thanks to the wonderful Sarah for agreeing to make me the plain button smocks in all the colours she had available. Also thanks to Gill for making such a good colour range of socks but we need more !! lol I believe she is aiming for 300 assorted pairs for this years Chat n Snap!  To the late Jean Jensen for her wonderful range of shoes colours and also Rosie Bloomfield , we miss you ! xx

Now I do have three more Button smocks of Sarah's but in a pattern fabric, maybe I'll put them on my slate eyed girls tomorrow, although two of them belong to the twins  ! I'd best ask first!!


********************************************************************************

17 comments:

  1. Just enjoying your last post with my afternoon cuppa and then this post popped up. Wow - I'm totally gobsmacked! - speechless! What an amazing bevy of beautiful girls and can't believe those lovely linen outfits with all their matching socks and shoes. A wonderful treat Dee, thanks very much for battling the wind and sun to bring us this - not to mention all the preparation of getting your girls looking so pristine - I guess your bedroom/ dressing room is looking pretty much like Kendal's last Sunday! - but has to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude, I must confess the living room looked a mess once I went off to take the photo's! The boxes are still sitting about but in a nice tidy pile !
      I must say that I do love Sarah's button smock sets and I just love them all together on these girls :)

      Delete
  2. Been patiently waiting for THIS magnificent line up as I knew that it was YOU who had bought ALL those beautifully coloured vintage-sasha smocks.
    (I have a couple of the plain ones, a denim and the plain natural linen one which my doll, Lucy, wore to your Chat n' Snap but most of mine are patterned.)

    Love how you have matched up their shoes, socks and hair ribbons to the dress colours and then the complete outfit to each of the doll's personal hair/eye colourings. Those super packets of mixed coloured ribbons that you had for sale at the CnS have obviously came in useful. here. (I love my three packs!)
    (I hope that as I write Gill is busily knitting away to complete her awesome task.)

    Funny enough my post (well hopefully if I get chance to download the photos that I took yesterday in the too bright sunshine, sharp 'nippy' breeze interspersed with the odd bit of very fine drizzle on the wind) is showing (though only FOUR) of Ruthsdoll's same styled dresses.....and bought over a span of fifteen years) the last one, a swapped item, arriving this mid-week.

    This was a truly wonderful post and you are very, very lucky!
    (May God bless our dear Sarah.....who never has the heart to say 'No' (providing that she still has the material) to make more of our desires, wishes and wants.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes It was ME! But then I had asked Sarah to make them, she just thought I would only buy a about four but the only one I struggled with was the ORANGE one ..lol But I am getting used it it , it's not a bright orange more a soft orange, only time will tell.
      The ribbons were ones provided by Sarah, so I did not have to reach into my stash. And Gill informs me she is knitting as I type!!! I am hoping she saw my note about colours I need !!!
      I'll look forward to your post, will be nice to see others.
      Sarah is an angel but she was put under no pressure and it suited her at the time :)
      And yes I am very lucky :)

      Delete
  3. OH DEE!!!!! This is soooo wonderful!! I just love all the girls in all the colours with their matching shoes and socks, what a wonderful way to start the evening, an eyeful of such beautiful girls and outfits! Sarah is indeed an angel making all these for you....it must have driven her nearly nuts making them one after the other!
    Now as for the SALMON outfit being worn by Sophie, I LOVE IT!!!! If you ever get fed up with it's corally orangey loveliness, then you know where I live!!!! I have just the girl for it!!!!
    Another really lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thanks Sharon, they are such beautiful colours and these wonderful Sasha's.I was lucky that I asked Sarah when she did not want to have to think about what she was making so eight straight button smocks suited her , she could probably do them in her sleep!!!
      SALMON! that's nearly as bad as ORANGE!! I'm afraid Gill put first dibbs on it but should she change her mind I'll let you know :) mind you it's staying at the moment ......

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty rainbow in your garden! And even the sun's coming out to look at them.
    Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, The sun was lovely just wish the wind had been much warmer or not even there!!
      The colours were like a rainbow :)

      Delete
    2. Anne, well done! What an apt and truly delightful comment!

      Delete
  5. A comment from Carol

    Came in from shopping, made a cup of tea & opened the computer. LOVE your post. Your girls are beautiful...so well cared for. Love the hair styles with each one so lovingly arranged to suit their face. The colours...oh, the colours....amazing!! The clothes are incredible. Everything so well coordinated from the top of their heads to the tip of their toes. Can't imagine how long it took you to get everyone dressed and ready to pose in the garden. I admire your patience. A beautiful sunny afternoon and beautiful well cared for, well dressed little girls. The treasure over the rainbow. Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I love colour , I'm sure I have said this before :) and so I love all the colours, well nearly all these colours which just look so right on the girls. Could not believe that I actually had socks to match most as well as shoes!
      Thank you for trying to comment and sending it to me so I can add it for you
      Dee

      Delete
  6. im speechless dee to see all the girls wearing their smocks (and that doesn't often happen ...lol)...and yes I wasn't expecting for a minute that you would want ALL of them !.....Sharon it did make quite a welcome change working in "robot mode", theres been lots of other stuff going on so it was nice not having to think about what to make everyday .....now all we need is for spring to arrive, it peeped in the other day but now its gone again .....thankyou dee !!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah ! I so love these button smocks and it was lovely of you to consider my request knowing that you need to make things for your site. Lucky for me I picked the right time to ask :)
      I know that you tend to dress the doll take the photo and then pakage the dress so I love that you can see them on mass here :)
      Yes lets hope that cold wind goes elsewhere and we can start to get some warmth!
      Dee xx

      Delete
  7. Dee, this is a most amazing post and each photo is just wonderful!!! I love how you presented the girls gradually in small groups and shared the details of your choices for them. I particularly like Winter's hair style and it looks like she has very thick, beautiful hair--stunning! Sophie is adorable in her "coral" outfit but your choices of the socks and shoes really pull off that color beautifully! The line up photos are great and I enjoyed peeking through the lattice too!! These beautiful girls are currently the banner photo on facebook and I thought when I first saw your photos that it was a no brainer--definitely banner bound :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ginger. I was very pleased with how the photo's turned and and love the dresses! :)
    Winter does have very thick hair and Sophie seemed to be just perfect for the Orange outfit !
    I was very happy to have one of my photo's used for the banner on one of the facebook groups , could not quite believe it! :0
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous outfits and girls. Sophie's dress seems a little softer than orange - maybe apricot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, nice try but that dress is ORANGE!! but quite a soft orange thankfully :)

      Delete