Wednesday 19 March 2014

HOW?

The girls have finally arrived back at the house after getting lost in the growing darkness !


"At Last!" cries Laura seeing the house getting closer " I am so cold!"
" Me too! " agrees Kristie " If only we'd not taken a wrong turning up in the rose garden "


" Lets run the last part!" says Laura " It's so spooky out here in the dark"
" Yes I am sure someone was following us a while back " Kristie shivers " Come on !"
the girls run the last part of the path to the back door and go in.


"Hello Hello ! " cry the girls rushing into the back door. Edward who is in the breakfast room calls out " Hello? I'm in here! "


" Edward Quick you must get a rescue party together " says Laura gasping for breath
" Yes " gasps Kristie " Get everyone we need to save him "
" Edward looks at the girls in bewilderment " Rescue party? Save him? What are you girls on about." before the girls can reply Edward stops them " Now calm down and take a big breath , that's right let it out slowly Now just one of you tell me what's wrong "


Laura explains about Kristie hearing a bump and everything that's happened since, ending with seeing Mossy held captive in the greenhouse by someone he kept calling Elfine!
 Edward looks over the other side of the table " Mossy being held captive you say? Demanding honey sandwiches ?....."
The girls do not understand why Edward is talking to a big plate of  toast dripping in honey !


It certainly is a big plate of toast and honey !
"Well ? " Edward asks the toast?


Suddenly a little silver grey face appears round the side of the pile of toast
" Sorry did you say something? " enquires Mossy " I'm afraid I was not paying attention as I was trying to decide whether to add more honey to my toast "


Seeing the girls Mossy says " Oh Hello Laura,  Kristie have you had a nice day?  I hope you don't want toast for supper because I do not share honeyed toast ever!"


Mossy looks at his pile of honeyed toast and gives a big happy sigh!


" Mossy !" says Edward sternly " did Elfine hold you captive in the greenhouse like the girls say ? "
Edwards wait's but Mossy just stares happily at the toast " Mossy! Answer the question or the toast goes in the bin!"


" Mossy!" says Edward leaning forward
Mossy looks round the toast " Maybe " he mutters then quickly takes a bite of toast so Edward cannot make him tell any more .


Edward turns back to the girls " Laura , Kristie on behalf of the village I thank you for your care and concern of that scamp Mossy. " he smiles " you were very brave and very clever to find out what had happened and then come back to get help "
" We don't understand how Mossy can be here !" says a stunned Laura
Edwards pauses while he considers how much he can reveal , then he makes a decision " I am going to tell you girls a secret but you must promise never to tell anyone "
" We promise " says the girls together
"Elfine is an elvish Princess who for some strange reason as decided to camp out in our garden " The girls eyes are round in astonishment at Edwards words " and being an elf she does have special powers which is why Mossy was home before you  "
"But how? " says Kristie , Edward holds up a paw " I can say no more only ask you not to tell anyone especially your families because it could be very dangerous if certain people found out she was here "
" Not to say what she'd do to us! " mutters Mossy from round his toast!

"We'll never ever tell " promise the girls.
" Now you'd best be off to bed you both have a long day ahead of you tomorrow " Edward gives each girl a kiss on the hand .


The girls turn away while Edward tries to stop Mossy putting even more honey on his toast tower!
" An Elf princess !" whispers Kristie
" I know ! and her names Elfine!" Laura whispers back " What an adventure and we cannot tell anyone !"


"But we know " says Laura giving Kristie a big hug, Kristie hugs her back " Yes we know ! What a great adventure we've had "
"Yes agrees" Laura " and you are now going for another adventure to see the Dr Shelly for your eyes"
" I almost forgot!" laughs Kristie
" I don't know how I'm not going to tell my mum when I get home " sighs Laura " she'll want to know everything especially about Mossy , she's his number two fan !"
Kristie thinks for a moment " Well we could say about everything that happened but not mention Elfine, just say Mossy was lost "
" Mm that could work " says Laura " but my mum's very clever she may guess theres more I'm not saying but I am sure she'll not press me"


"Come on " says Kristie yawning " We have to be up early to pack in the morning "
seeing Kristie yawn sets Laura off too" I  arh I know but I don't think I'll get a wink of sleep with all todays searching going through my mind!"
" Me too!"
The girls make their way to bed and unknown to them as soon as their heads hit the pillow they are sound asleep !


******************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. What a happy ending to the day BUT I'm still non the wiser as to how Mossy actually got home and as those of you who know me well .......'I like to know everything and.... down to the last detail!'
    So Denise I shall be expecting a private email today filling me in as to what exactly happened as I'm no good when being held in suspense!

    Especially adored the photograph of Mossy looking sideways from behind the pile of toast and honey and the one of Edward turning towards the girls to tell them the secret.

    As always I need to know some answer..... WHICH real life person eats the rest of the honey toast after the post?

    I shall really miss this story telling now that the girls are leaving. Safe journey home to Laura and good luck with your eye operation (by the eminent eye surgeon Michelle Baxter, to Kirstie. It will be truly wonderful for you not to have to wear your spectacles ever again.

    Thanks again Denise for these last delightful story posts.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal its a well know fact between you and me,that Elves can move very fast when they need to! and they can also use their glamour to hide themselves in plain sight, don't tell anyone I told you this!
      I am being good and am also not a great lover of Honey so Paul had a lovely treat of scoffing the toast and honey tower once the photo's had been taken.
      I am happy you enjoyed the story and of course there will be others over the coming year :)

      There are a few in the pipeline as they say!!

      Delete
  2. Phewf - a happy ending. Those girls will have so much to tell their Mums when they get home, or maybe not!
    The shot of them hugging is so sweet.
    So there's magic in the garden, that explains the lemons growing in March.
    With a magical Elf Princess there, who knows what will happen next!!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they can only be a happy ending in the village :) Hopefully they'll not tell their mum's too much! ;)
      Magic in the garden ! Now an Elf Princess taking up residence and bears running amok in the house!! Reuben comes to mind! Then a devilish toddler also taking up residence how will it all end!!!!!

      Delete
  3. We enjoyed this last instalment of Laura and Kristie's adventures at the Sasha Village while we ate our breakfast this morning, Mossy is hilarious and the girl's amazement at Mossy's return is a delight. I would be very worried about having a mysterious elf princess lurking in my garden, who knows what she will do next. We're looking forward to Laura's safe return home, a big welcome awaits her - there has been a definite gap in the line up in my younger daughter's bedroom, the others haven't had the heart to go outside and enjoy the spring weather without Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you both enjoyed the tales ending :) Yes It will be a worry having an Elf Princess living in that garden and I'm sure she'll be making her presence felt!
      I think Laura was ready to go home, it's nice to visit but extra nice to go back home , she's on the overnight express and should be home full of tales to share with her brothers and sisters when she sees them.
      I hope we get some more spring weather so they can all get outside together!

      Delete
    2. Dee, thank you so very much for "entertaining" Kristie while she waits for her appointment with Dr.Baxter. After her surgery, I will be sure to send you a photo of the "New Kristie". I know she had so many wonderful experiences while visiting -- she'll be talking nonstop for a week after she arrives home. I'm surprised she didn't make you serve grits for breakfast! Or biscuits and gravy --her favorite is chocolate gravy on biscuits!

      Our sincere thanks.
      Betty and Kristie

      I'm not quite sure where you get all your energy! Holding down a job, taking care of your home, garden and hubby --- and then writing and staging all these wonderful stories. Do you ever rest? All I have to do is read and enjoy them and I'm exhausted!

      You are an inspiration for me. I fall in love with both your dolls and your props! That's why I have to learn to think outside of the box. I could have looked at that large planter cup for a month and not seen the possibilities that you did.

      Delete
    3. Hi Betty, We loved having Kristie visit , her lovely southern drawl was in enchanting and they way she called every one Sugar a delight :)
      She's gone off to Dr Baxter's with a few gifts for you and the Sasha family.We hope you like them and thank you for the gifts you sent us, which will not doubt be appearing soon.

      I must confess the housework does slide when I am blogging and an idea for a tale takes me! And poor Paul gets less help in the garden that he used to.
      And as for seeing possibility in things, oh if only I could get hold of all the things I have ideas about or had the courage to do them !!!
      Thank you for sending Kristie all the way to UK to visit
      Dee x

      Delete
  4. Laura has arrived home safely, with her owl whooing with happiness! Thank you for all the lovely gifts, we are blogging later. Dollmum's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad she arrived Safely along with her Owl.
      Thank you for sending Laura to the village to take part in Village life!! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely visit, and great fun to read about it. Thanks Dee for all the fun you give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for taking the time to read these ramblings and tales of Sasha's and their bears and other things!!! :)

      Delete