Sunday 8 February 2015

SUNDAY SUNDAY

What a lovely day!! It's very cold here BUT the sun is shining which can make all the difference.
Even better I have all of this coming week off, so I am very happy, it would be nicer if Paul did not have to still work but since he works from home we do get to spend the time together while I potter , tidy and go on the computer.

I have been spending the last week or so listing Sasha things that I have not used for ages but I still beautiful , which normally makes it very hard to actually sell them but this time I am making extra effort to put them either on my sales page or on ebay .
The strange thing is that no matter how much I manage to sell the piles of boxes do not seem to diminish ! and NO I am not adding to them !

I find this time of year as the Winter starts to head towards Spring a time when I usually have the urge to have a big clear out. The house seems full to overflowing with 'things' whether this is because at this time of year,due to the cold and dark, I have spent more time inside or just a natural instinct which we all have to prepare for the return of the longer days and warmer weather.

So to that end I have been slowly moving on some of my Sasha clothes and now I have a week off I'll be starting on the household things, books and clothes etc.

Next month we will have lived here Ten Years!! I do not know where that times gone! We still have boxes in the loft that should be gone through ! and the house is starting to look tired and in need of a complete over haul ! There are even parts that were started but never finished , so I am hoping that Paul and myself can finally finish some of these jobs.

The Village is again holding an open garden day and we have said we will take part but that means that we will also need to spend a lot more time in the garden once spring arrives preparing the garden to be 'seen'. There are a few jobs out there that will take some time and money and these we will be posting to our garden blog as and when they happen. Part of the work outside will hopefully involve me finally getting a place to set up my Sasha Studio plus we now need to find some space for Lindsey to have an Art studio when she returns from France, so a busy year ahead.

Well I must go start on sorting out more things to move on to new homes, I'll let you know how I am doing at the end of the week. Hopefully it will not turn out like most weekends , when I say to myself on Friday I am going to start and then wonder how I never actually got anything done as I go off to bed on Sunday night!!

Now I have made you all almost drop off to sleep I'll fire up your interest with these two photo's Steve sent me of his gorgeous NP girl wearing a coat I sent him for Christmas.



Love this photo with Sasha with the little cat weaving between her feet ! Great boots too!


A closer look at this wide faced NP girls lovely eyes.


Well I'm off to be ruthless in selling on my unused Sasha items before I start on the books etc, by the end of this week the charity shops round here will hopefully be full to bursting with nice quality items from my cupboards!!





*********************************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. I really need to be following your good example and starting a thorough clear out of un-necessary/wanted items but it's still just a little bit too cold for me to get the old body in gear so will wait until another week or so has passed when it's meant to be getting warmer.

    I'm afraid that I have to differ to your statement of ' and NO, I'm not adding to them.....!' I think that you'll find otherwise when you take a step back and look a little closer to home and the Sasha Village properties!

    Luckily although I am planning to finish off the new fencing project and hopefully give an 'overall new look' to the front garden mine won't be going on show to the public so can take my time.

    Adore Steve's two photos. I WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so easy top say but less easy to do! I find!! I start with all the determination of a zealot only to finish with also as much as I started with!!

      I'm afraid you are right to differ about my statement of not adding... but I am adding less than I am removing so at least heading the right way!! :)

      I cannot think about the garden until it's warm!! :)

      Love Steve's girl, such a gorgeous face :)

      Delete
  2. Me TOO -*gg

    I'm also about to free this 'oh so much to big house' from all the 'thingies' that moved in over 20 years now. But I'm too slow.
    They always seems to come back.
    Like the gnomes at Harry Potters...

    My admiration, you're a hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely I am always freeing this house of things that have arrived only to have some space into which over time other things arrive!!
      It's like a merry go round!!
      I hope I am worthy of the title at the end of the week :)

      Delete
  3. I should be inspired by your decisive action Dee.....but, no. You are clearly so good at this sorting thing that I'm sure I should just wait until you've a minute to do it for me.........I could never compete with your skill.

    Steve! That has to be the world's prettiest NP girl. She's so young-looking and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be amazing at throwing out other people's tut out , ask Paul lol I am always helping his clothes to the charity or rubbish bags!! :) what we all need is my eldest Lauren, you be lucky to have a weeks clothes by the time she'd finished with you!!
      when she was a teenager she'd sort out her clothes every couple of months and if she'd not worn it it was OUT!! I still have things I may get back into...when if I ever got that slim I'd be down the shops spending and not wearing some out of date item thats been inand out of fashion for the last ten years!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhhh did you have to show us my very very favourite Sasha NP of all time???? I just love the girl soooooo much. Steve is lucky that I didn't bash him over the head and steal her when I visited back in October, it was so tempting. If it wasn't for the fact that he, James and Rachael were such good hosts.......LOL
    Seriously though, that girl is just GORGEOUS!!!!!
    Well done on making a start with the tidying out and decluttering. I've been doing the same today but in the garden and am just about to blog about it now. I wish you well, it's an awful job but someone's got to do it, as they say!!
    Have a lovely day!
    Bighugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how they stop you Sharon by being such fun that you forget the plan to tie them up and help yourself to Steve's girls. Just never take the single fringe red or I'll hunt you down.. lol :)

      Too cold here to do any gardening unless your name's Paul!! I'm a much warmer weather gardener!!
      Hugs Dee xxx

      Delete
  5. I admire you Dee and your cleaning out and moving on efforts. Well done! Steve's NP is fabulous and
    I love seeing photos of her. Thanks to Steve and to you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete