Friday 19 June 2015

WHAT'S MOSSY UP TO?


"So why must I wait here? " asks Mrs Mum
"Hold on " says Mossy looking at the pot " I'll be ready in a minute!"


"Can I help you? " ask Mrs Mum
" No No " puffs Mossy pulling himself up onto the pot " I'm fine!"


"Huh ! " mutters Mossy getting hit in the face by a leaf
"Can I help? "
"No!"


Mossy starts forcing his way through the flowers " How can these flowers be so hard to get by!" mutters Mossy irritated.
"I could help? " offers Mrs Mum yet again.


"If you could just wait a minute!" says Mossy trying another way through " I will be there in a moment! "


He suddenly tips forward and lands on the edge of the pot then rolls....


 with an oomph into the pot head first!

Mrs Mum lets out a small giggle but manages to stop any more !

She considers offering her help but then decides to wait and see...


Mossy head appears from inside the pot " Did you laugh? " he demands " Did you? "
Quickly stopping the smile on her face Mrs Mum says with a straight voice " Of course not Mossy ! I'm insulted you would think such a thing!"


Balancing carefully Mossy gets onto the edge of the pot.


"Quick Quick! Take my picture !" he calls wobbling on the edge
Mrs Mum hurries to take a few snaps "What are they for? " she asks while snapping away
"My new business " says Mossy wobbling more " Mossy photo of the stars "



He decides it may be safer to lay down

"That's a good idea are you going to get photo's of Paddington and Rupert ? " asks Mrs Mum
"Why? " asks Mossy confused " I am the star of the bears! Who is Paddington and Rubert? "
He moves and wobbles even more then....


He starts to fall................


for a moment he lays stunned...


"Are you all right? " asks Mrs Mum in a concerned voice
"I....I..am .. f..ine.. " Mossy groans back.


Slowly he gets to his feet and leans against the pot to catch his breath.
"Can I help... " he gives Mrs Mum a glare.... " Shall we take some more photo's ? " finishes Mrs Mum


" I  think.....you..have ..enough ..for now... " says Mossy walking very slowly away..


Mrs Mum just managed to hear a low groan of pain as Mossy walks slowly and carefully round the pot


" Shall I make you a nice honey sandwich? "
"Later... " groans Mossy..

Now Mrs Mum is worried!!...

" and some honey cakes..." calls Mossy as he vanishes round the pot

Mrs Mum smiles..he'll be fine....


********************************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. Aw, little Super Star - I haven't seen you for ages. I hope you are not too badly hurt. Just can't imagine WHY Mrs Mum didn't send for an amblance. Doesn't she know how IMPORTANT you are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he's just hurts his backside ..I mean pride! And in this village not one's more important that anyone else... :)

      Delete
  2. Once again, you delight me! Mossy has quite the ego, doesn't he, but my goodness, he is cute! I am sure that it would be better not to tell him the real reason why he's a favorite on the blog, considering that his pride (and his little bum) have already taken enough of a beating today.

    I cannot believe how expressive those little Bramber Bears are, and Mossy does stand out with those green eyes of his. I like how he decides it's safer to lie down.

    By the way, my kids are all on the floor behind me giggling their sweet little heads off, while our Bernese Mountain Dog watches them with a certain amount of concern. She is a very good babysitter to them, no nibbling. Meanwhile the cat Calypso, is rather like your self assured Milo, never losing a chance to share in a photoshoot.

    The kids are just thrilled that today is a weekend night (and Summer vacation) so that they could stay up late to share another Mossy story. They warn me not to let him know what fans they are, or his head might get even bigger! Greg, still laughing, says that's probably why he fell off the pot; the weight of his head overbalanced him.

    Oh dear, now they've been set off, all over again. I think it's going to be a while before they settle down tonight.

    Thank you once again for the pleasure that you give us all.

    Elisabeth and the Dolls of Fern Woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mossy does indeed have quite an ego, not that he would agree, for he believe's being keeper of the mystic green emerald gives him a certain place in life! number one!! The other bears sweetly do not knock him off his pedestal mainly so they can have a peaceful life and not have to hear him moan ! :)

    Glad the kids are able to stay up to read Mossy lately tale before they go off to bed and dream of green eyed bears who rule the world!! Yes and best not to tell Mossy he's got even more fan's out there or he'll never me able to sit or stand up again with the size his head would become! I believe your Greg could have been right as to why he fell off that pot ;)

    Dee and the village clan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen, Mrs. Mum.......that little bear's power through his emerald has seen me through some pretty scary moments. He's SPECIAL!!!!! I believe in the power of the bear, I believe in the power of the bear, I believe..........My saviour and a true icon, Mossy the Green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true BUT we cannot tell him he is SPECIAL or he will be un BEAR able to live with, he'll be worse that Reuben and that's saying something!

      Delete
  5. How lovely to see young Mr Mossy again on your blog! And looking so handsome in front of the flowers in the pot. I wonder what he's up to though? Such a cute bear with such an expressive face!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon , he just could not wait any longer! he just set the whole thing up himself telling Mrs Mum that it's going to be his new business, Mossy star bear or some such! No doubt he'll he's got more up his furry sleeve! :)xxx

      Delete
  6. Pleased that The Village Clan are beginning to make their welcome appearances again now that THE GARDEN has had it's major overhaul for the local Church's open day.
    I, like all of your blog readers, just ADORE Mr Mossy and his 'full of his own self-importance.'

    Such a delightful little story based around him and your attractive pot of Geranuims sitting proudly on your new patio table. More please.

    PS. Earlier this year I took yours and Paul's advice on my then flowerless Orchid and removed the transparent root pot from the outer pottery container and placed it on my kitchen windowsill and 'low and behold' after all these months I now have two shoots that have sprouted ....with buds on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Mossy could wait no longer Kendal, he's been complaining for days that his fans will have found someone new to worship if they did not see him soon! he was worried he'd be yesterdays news! as if!!

      That's good about the orchid Kendal ours is flowering again also :) x

      Delete
  7. Wonderful to see and hear Mr. Mossy again!!! He is certainly a star and so very loved by readers. I love your story line Dee focused around the pretty pot of a geranuims. They are one of my favorite flowers. A great post and I hope Mr. Mossy has his wind back by now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly thinks he's a Star Ginger :) It amazing how handy a pot of geraniums can be to a little silver bear!! :)xx

      Delete