Sunday 13 May 2018

IT'S SUNDAY AND WE'RE BACK HOME

After a lovely weekend at the Sasha Celebration in Nottingham. I have to say it was a wonderful weekend of , dolls, friends , crafts and shopping!
Even the journey down and back was fine.

This year there was a Hollywood Oscar's theme for the dress a Sasha competition and all the entries were excellent. So much work put into every one.


This was DMD's entry which won 's category .


 another winning entry, Maria and the Von trapp family


more entries.


That's Liz Taylor as Cleopatra at the back there!


Mel Gibson in Braveheart!




,


This pair also won


x


If you keep a look out you can see paperazzi  and fans lining the back outside the ropped off area.


Another category winner


 Winner of Best Actor was this Charlie Chaplin which I loved.


The girl at the back on the left was another winner.


x


 Anne of Green Gables another winner


x


Wednesday Adams another winner, with Lady Gaga behind who also won.


x



Hopefully I didn't miss any but my camera battery was running out and I'd been unable to find the charger before I left, so had to be careful with what battery I did have.

More tomorrow....



*********************************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. What truly wonderful interpretations and creativeness shown here. Absolutely amazing and my congratulations to each and everyone who took part for giving us, the viwers, so much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were stunning to see. So much work and creativity. It was a wonderful sight to see.

      Delete
  2. All wonderful! So much creativity and hard work. Sasha folks never cease to amaze me. I absolutely loved the Von Trapp family, as that is one of my favorite movies of all time. I also liked the more 'edgy' costumes. Gotta keep it fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all wonderful and such talent! Every time I saw the Von trapps I wanted to burst into song! Thankfully for those around me I resisted and saved their ears!
      And yes it was great to see some others going cutting edge!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Dee for sharing the Red Carpet dolls. Isn’t it amazing how creative Sasha Doll collectors are? I love Charlie Chaplin. I am so glad you enjoyed your time. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Ginger. They are so creative in the Sasha/ doll world. I have to say that Charlie Chaplin was the one that caught my eye followed by Animal :) xx

      Delete
  4. Amazing! I love Charlie Chaplin - he was almost hard to see as a Gregor with that tashe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were and I agree Charlie Chaplin looks almost real!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love swing photos like this Dee! The dolls are wonderful, I loved Anne of Green Gables and Charlie Chaplin the best. These comps are great for encouraging our creativity. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outfits were incredible , such talent and imagination and so wonderful to be able to see them up close.
      I agree these competitions allow people to let their imagination and talent
      run wild and we get to enjoy all the results :) xx

      Delete
  6. Fantastic photos and blog posts of the SCW, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW great photos Dee, and super entries for the competition....loved them all, it must have been very hard to pick the winners! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, it was very hard to pick the winners xx

      Delete