Wednesday 16 May 2018

MORE SCW THE RAFFLE..

The raffles tables were loaded! heaving under the weight of prizes.

So the organizers had decided to sell these items that had been donated in order to raise some extra funds for the charity.


These were sold during the £1 bazaar held the evening before the raffle day  and any that did not sell were put into the raffle.




I purchased one of these because it was a dress I'd donated as part of a raffle prize at one of my Chat n Snaps and when I'd bought it , I'd really wanted to keep it for myself but was good and added it to the prize. So I now have it which is lovely and a good cause gets more funds.


The pound bazaar tables,


more


and the last.

Now the raffle.......mmm... it appears that I did not take even one photo of the raffle! I was sure I'd taken at least a couple!

But It would appear I did not!  and the tables were loaded with lots of wonderful prizes but I'm afraid you'll have to see them photos taken by others.

The raffle made just over £3000 ! Which goes off to the Sasha Festival in the US where it's sponsored and will therefore grow into much more for the International Save the Children Fund.

So tomorrow I'll share my raffle wins and my purchases.


*********************************************************************************
.

6 comments:

  1. WOW that is a great amount of money to make on the raffle!
    Looks like a fun time was definitely had by all :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful amount, everyone was very generous with both prizes and ticket buying xx

      Delete
  2. That was a very good idea to sell on some of those special outfits at the £1 bazaar night and which would have indeed made more money for the Save the Children Charity than had they just been added to the raffle prize table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was as it helped add a good amount to start off the ticket sales. I had to resist spending most of my budget just at that table.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful that the raffle raised so much money for the children’s charity. Thank you for showing the photos of the outfits. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did Ginger. I wish I'd taken more photos, I don't know how I missed doing so! :) xx

      Delete