Tuesday 25 August 2020

NESTING? I THINK NOT !

 



Martha was the only Sasha to venture out into the very very windy garden this afternoon, She decided to check out the fancy birdbox.


She looked into both holes to see if any bird were nesting !


"No nothing in either places!" she sighed
 " Birds will have finished nesting by now " I tell her " and it's not a proper nesting box "
 


" They have? and it's not? " she questions.
 
"Yes they have and it's a bit too fancy for a nesting box really "
 
 
" I think it's very nice and I'm sure a bird would love to have such a stylish home " Martha says with confidence

"Well they do say it's for the garden " I reply " but I don't think it would last too long out in the cold and rain , maybe just a couple of years "


 " So what's it going to be used for? " 
"Well for now it's just going to look pretty under the gazebo but maybe sometime we'll find a place in the garden where it can be sheltered "


Martha thinks about this " Well maybe then a bird with who wants something special in a nest , will decide this is the nest for them! "

Smiling I agree " I'm sure stranger things have happened in the bird nesting world "


"Mum you have to think positive about these things " Martha informs me " Now I need to go inside and look up about birds and the places they have nested "

So with the wind picking up we go back in, I'll make a cup of tea and Martha will return after her research to tell me all the strange places that birds have nested.


*************************************************************

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing the places birds ,of all sizes, chose to nest! you think I'd avoid being too close to people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fancy box, so maybe a fancy bird will nest there some day?
    If not, there are always dormice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe but I think it wil just be window dressing and the birds will look for a more hidden comfy place to nest ! They would not want all the sightseers peering in ! :)

      Delete