Sunday 9 August 2020

SUNDAY THE 9TH AUGUST 2020

Today is my 45th wedding anniversary ! Yes despite Paul and I barely being old enough to drive ! we have achieved this milestone. I am informed by my best friend Gill that's is the sapphire anniversary and I do like sapphires.... when I mentioned this fact to Paul , he's reply was .. " I have some blue glass down in the workshop " so maybe I'd best not hold my breath for any gems lol

I have to say that it was fate when we met all those years ago and obviously meant to be! It was under the clock on Waterloo Railway Station, a group of us from the youth club were going on a weekend away for the Duke of Edinburgh ward scheme and Paul had been invited along by one of the others to see if he wanted to join.

I have to say 45 years seems to have vanished in a flash, we still love being in each other's company and enjoy just sitting in the garden discussing our plans or just enjoying the quiet. In this day and age where people seem to spend more time apart than together and that's how they like it, being married this long could become a thing of the past! I do hope not , as I wish everyone could have the support and love I have found, as a constant in their lives too. 

So I will just wish everyone a lovely healthy love filled week ahead.

Dee


***********************************************************************************

7 comments:

  1. That's just lovely - a fairytale come true, I would say. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, That must be why we built that folly ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you both, have a great time celebrating, my husband and I have been married 43 years, where do the years go ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So you are not long off your Sapphire too, best get your hubby to start polishing the blue glass ;) x

      Delete
  3. Thank you. The time does whiz by as you know :) One of the things I love about Paul is he makes me laugh!
    We too have the heatwave.. not good but it cannot last this is England after all, the land of three at least seasons in a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've already wished you a wonderful anniversary and I'm late here, I will say it again, congratulations Dee and Paul on 45 years together, it's lovely that you still enjoy each other's company.
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete