Sunday 16 August 2020

SUNDAY

 Well after last weeks extremely hot four days and everyone in the country wishing for some rain and a drop in temperature, we've all got maybe slightly more than we wished for !

Thunderstorms and heavy rain have been turning up daily since around Tuesday ?Wednesday, we have had a good couple of inches most days. The thunder is rumbling along with the odd flash of lightening as I'm typing this post and yes it's also raining, with that steady fall you get with summer rain.

It's also been affecting the internet making it lose signal now and then if only for a couple of minutes at a time.

So this week not much has happened on any front. I've had a pretty lazy week in truth, so I will definiately have to do better ! anyone would think I was retired.... ;)

We have been looking at what we want to do in the hallway re decoration and I did paint some yellow on the walls a while back, from two pots I'd bought for Granny Fortuna. So that's been on the wall for a while then this week a couple of wallpaper samples arrived which we are considering for the hallway.

There will not be a lot of walls with wallpaper on, a small wall to the side another couple of areas and one of the walls on the stairs but like everything, lots of discussion on which we like, will it look good or make the place too dark etc.

 

 William Morris of course ! The wallpaper won't actually be near the clock but its the wall we see directly on entering the house or coming down the stairs, so best place to see it.


On the right we have the green/ yellow colourway and on the left..

the brown/pink ! The yellow or to give it it's proper name Yellow Ground by Farrow and Ball was/is not a definiate but I wanted to see how a yellow would work in the hallway and this is a lovely creamy yellow. 

Paul loves this brown and pink wallpaper , I also love it , which is unusal as I'm not usually a lover of browns especially in on my walls. Then we have the green /yellow paper, which is crisp and fresh while the brown is warmer and more autumnal. The photo was taken today without a flash and you can see the time on the clock, so from a darkness point, I think there is not a lot of diffence between them.

Both are on the darker side but strangely the brown stands out more in the dark where as the green tends to disappear blend in ! So at present I'm drawn to the brown ( Paul's happy ) but then I see the green and think but that's nice too! It must be an age thing, years ago I'd have seen these papers decided which I wanted and that would be it! 

 

The tiles for the kitchen turned up on an enormus truck on Friday ! The man said he had to go and get the palette off! For a moment I wondered if I'd ordered the wrong amount! But then he appeared with two small boxes wrapped on a small wooden palette ! Which Paul then unwrapped and carried the boxes under the carport!

 

Not the WM we had first settled on, but these are a faction of the cost and go with both the blue of the cupboards and the grey of the floor tiles. They are traditional while being also modern, so hopefully won't date too quick! 

So not a lot happening on the doll side as first it was way too hot then it was way too wet! But hopefully this week ahead will be perfect doll weather !

And on that note I'll wish you all a lovely healthy nice warm dry weather week ahead.

Dee



13 comments:

  1. Now I'm not usually a 'green' person but my eyes definitely are drawn more towards the wallpaper with the green....and I like that brighter yellow with it too. But then again, the one with the pink has a nice warmth to it....I'm no help whatsoever, am I!
    I love the new kitchen tiles, they look very nice, and I think will look perfect in your kitchen. I can't wait to see it all finished!
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol not you know my problem ! But I am starting to know which way I'm going...:)
      We are just waiting the electrican then we can start tiling etc.. so looking forward to getting things moving at last! xx

      Delete
  2. Actually, now that I'm looking again, I think I prefer the brown and pink!!!! I said I was no help, didn't I!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your choices. I would have difficult time choosing between those two William Morris colorways as they're both really lovely - sorry, but I'm no help either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I need a bigger house ! Oh no I downsized.. so that won't work.. dash it! But you understand my dilemma :)

      Delete
  4. Green.It will give you far more scope for a stair carpet (pale green/dark green/beige/pale gold) or would look good with a wood laminate hall way and toning stai runner, The brown although it looks warm will limit your flooring choice ( beige, dark brown (pig to keep fluff free) or dusky pink which would date ) Kitchen tiles are very nice choice. I am sure you will make it work for you whatever you pick so enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green, I like green but the green of this paper doesn't appeak as much as other greens, now if it was blue I'd probably know which way to go! :)

      Delete
    2. I adore the colour blue! I have been busy painting my youngest son's first house in nearly every shade of blue from duck egg to Navy from the Farrow and Ball range!

      Delete
    3. Sounds wonderful, I love blue and could easily use it in every room :)

      Delete
  5. Picking the wallpaper would be difficult for me - though I like the brown maybe a wee bit better.
    But what a relief you ordered the right amount of tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I'm liking the brown just a little bit better!
      and yes it was I was panicking he was about to get twenty boxes off his lorry and not two! :)

      Delete
  6. This is the problem when both as as nice as each other! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete