Sunday 15 November 2020

SUNDAY RAMBLINGS

 Well everything is slowly happening. Paul's started on the big downstairs room.

 


Because this was once two rooms, he's needed to fill the wall where the old dividing wall was. Then we have coving in the right hand side room but not in the left side.

So he's needed to put that in along with the picture rail.


Which then involves filling the joints etc.


Before the ceiling can be painted. Paul's decorating this long area leaving the kitchen area until after this part is finished as the flooring people need to be able to lay the new floor on the right hand side of the photo at the end of the month.

I have to keep placing the ladder under the lights as it appears I'm the only one small enough not to walk into them!


The first coat of the St Giles blue is on the walls..... and it's looking different! I'm really looking forward to when the wallpaper goes up!

Only a week to go until the flooring will be laid! 

I was unable to make my curtains due to my arm plus the fact the kitchen table had to be moved for the ceiling painting. Hopefully I'll be able to do it later this week before the table gets moved again this time outside ready for the floor to be laid!

On the doll front...

 Finally the doll I sent to Belguim has returned!

She arrived Saturday and they had conveniently placed their return label over the address, I managed to remove most of it ,and that shows the address is correct and clearly written! So once, she's been relabelled and had the address placed in a couple of places, and she'll on her way again, I will be contacting the post office for a refund of my second postage costs!

My two Kathe Kruse dolls finally arrived and are making themselves comfortable until I have enough time to devote to them.

I'm thinking they may be called Greta and Max , nice strong german names for my new to me Kruse dolls.

I've also seen a beautiful Sasha that I wouldn't mind giving ahome to! , I may ask for her as a Christmas present... 

So apart from that not much else as been happening, it's all about the house at present.

Have a happy healthy week ahead 

Dee

2 comments:

  1. You are so busy! But it looks great and will be fine when all the work is done.
    Greta and Max are surely happy to live in such a wonderful place now. The forlorn look of their faces shows how much they have missed a good home for a too long time. They just can't believe they've found this home now, it seems. They will recover soon, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to getting to that stage!
      I agree I think they will look much happier once they have some new clothes and can stand around with their new family chatting and playing.

      Delete