Sunday 17 January 2021

SUNDAY CATCH UP


 So the week went past as quick as usual or maybe even quicker ! I received a couple of doll outfits but not for Sasha's since my Sasha's do have lots of clothes that I just need to get out and use.

What I have been doing is making cushion covers out of some of my fabric stash! 


Most are oblong in various sizes, there is one that is square in the same fabric as the living room curtains. They are for various rooms in the house. I still have a couple more to make, but I am really enjoying making them.


Georgie decided she had to try them out for comfort !


She looks comfortable enough ! but she just asked if there was something at the bottom, small and round like a pebble or even a pea! 

When I gave her a look of surprise she laughed and said she was just kidding!

I am slowly getting used to this laptop, still need to workout a few things but at least I have been able to write this post as if I was still using Paul's old work computer, which is mainly what I need. I do also need to work out how to reduce the pixel size on the photos but apart from that all seems fine with it.

My daughter, mother of the princess Clara and the princeling Adam, will finally be moving house next week ! So when next we visit , it will be to a totally new town and house. It is a much bigger property, which she needs with two young ones, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them and their new house as soon as we are allowed.

Paul's dad had his covid vaccine injection last week, so he now has some protection once the two weeks is past. They are going really well with the mass vaccination plan, so hopefully it won't be too long until we are all injected and the country can open up a little and start the process of returning to the new normal.  

We did get the smallest bit of snow this week alas not enough for any doll photos especially as it was followed immediately by rain. 

Most of my Sasha's and Gregor's are still in boxes in the bedroom and at present have no place to go! but seeing everyone's photos on facebook and the blogs makes me realise how I'm missing not having them to hand. I have had a coat and hat for one of the boys for a couple of weeks but still it's awaiting a wearer! I may have to find a space in my bedroom where a dozen or so can be released and stand about complaining .

I'm back into reading and have finished a couple of crime novels and have another couple on order! It's a slippery slope because if I'm into a book I want to get it read ,which will be pretty much everything else will come to a stop! But on the plus side it stops me wandering the internet and maybe buying dolls that tempt me or other doll related items!

On the doll side no dolls have arrived and none have left, mainly on the leaving side that's because I really don't  want to be going out to a post office to post anything but I will have to sort something out now I have the laptop , so that I can get things moving forward again.

My arm is still giving me grief but hopefully that will improve over the next couple of weeks.

So I will wish you all a happy healthy week ahead.

Dee



16 comments:

  1. When I saw Georgie's first photo I thought "Oh did she feel the pea beneath?" - and she had the same idea!
    It's so rewarding to reduce your fabric stash by making something pretty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cushions were even higher at one point and she still complained !
      It’s true, it is so nice to have reduced the stash and be able to see the results :)

      Delete
  2. This beautiful room looks even cosier with all those cushions, and seeing Georgie lying on top of them I thought: YES this must be the peak of cosiness!
    And her outfit looks gorgeous. No wonder she feels like the princess she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 I hope Georgie doesn’t see this or she may get ideas about being a real princess and demand everyone runs about getting her things!

      Delete
  3. Loving those cushions Sis! I hate sofas/chairs with a couple of matching flat cushions plonked on them! I love loads of different textures, sizes, fabric and toning colours on a sofa, although I can't sew so have to buy mine:)
    I will let you have my vaccine shot if you like, I am not rushing in for such a newly developed vaccine I am going to see what the effects on others are first and keep taking my Vit D and Zinc I have taken both for years and never needed a flu vaccination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Simps . I do love a nice cushion in good fabric. Yes those cushions that sometimes come with sofas or chairs in same fabric ,just vanish into the background. A nice pile of cushions perfect.
      That’s so nice of you simps to offer me your vaccine to see if it does foe me first! Lol 😂
      I think I’ll just have the one intended for me but being sooo much younger I may land up having same time as you whose dragging their feet xx

      Delete
  4. :) :) If you turn green or grow an extra limb after your jab please send an email/photos to let me know/laugh at you :)
    Georgie is looking lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will only send photos if I lose three stone and twenty years in looks not brains ! Lol
      Georgie is losing her Scottish accent but likes standing with the freezer door wide open !

      Delete
  5. :) :) Looks like I will have to wait a while for photos then!!! It is cold up here today with snow warnings and gritter lorries every where...rather than standing with the freezer door wide open :)
    Stay positive...test negative ...my new mantra for 2021 xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I'm a shadow of my former self....okay more a fraction!

      I saw that there is to be a touch of snow up your way, you'll be in your element :) I have emailed you, thought best to say since you only check half yearly !

      Delete
  6. Hellooo! As you re-entered the world of a personal laptop, mine decided to misbehave, so it has been for spa treatment and decided to be ready for work again.

    LOVE the cushions! Of course, once word gets out, it won't be ONE Sasha reclining there, the whole village will turn out to try them. They look fabulous and very comfortable. Congratulations on the whole look with the lovely sofa and gorgeous wallpaper behind it.

    As to the reading, buying books is a whole lot cheaper than buying more dolls, so consider it an economy and, besides, think of the stimulating effect on the little grey cells!

    Happy rest of the week!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An oh so late reply ! Problem with cushions they are easy to make but then how many places do you nedd them?
      I love books and yes way cheaper than the most basic of sashas! x

      Delete
  7. Fabulous cushions - but please to know they're going to be spread out a bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It might be a little awkward to sit down if they stayed there!

      Delete
  8. What lovely cushions Dee, well done.
    Glad to hear that Paul's dad got his jab, hopefully it'll not be too long before it is your turn.
    I know exactly what you mean about having a good book in your hand, in my case nothing else gets done either....or I try to cook with the book in my hand and things get burnt!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Yes reading a good book is great and people will insist on being fed ! :)

      Delete