Sunday 3 January 2021

THE FIRST SUNDAY OF 2021

 


So the celebrations are over and it’s time to get back to the nitty gritty of life.
Which meant that this morning Paul helped me bring in all the books that were sitting on the floor in the studio, in front of the Victorian glass fronted cabinet , which is still full of books!
However now these have been moved I’ll be able to actually open the cabinet to get to the books inside.

One of the things we decided on last month was to go through these books again and reduce the numbers we keep.
Paul is also going to cut down the large shelving unit that used to stand where the blue cupboard now is in the living room.
It will go out in the hallway lobby beside the door and will be filled with the book we will keep, well a large selection of them. Hopefully the off cuts will make a small single sized bookcase which I can put in my studio to hold my doll books and crafting books.

That way I will get the Victorian glass cabinet back for housing some dolls.

One of the things I have planned for this year is to get back into reading. I used to read loads of books but then other things took over. So I actually started last month and read The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman , it was lovely being immersed once again in a good good. My plan is to read at least one a month as I don’t want to get into my old ways of forever having my head stuck in a book and therefore achieving nothing else!
My book for this month is The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama  

I’m hoping that the book will be off the floor and on their new bookshelves by the end of the week
And then that will be another little job out the way. 
They are saying that we may get some bad weather , coming from Siberia ,like a few years back when we had the beast from the east! Which it the weather does happen in the same way, it may at least stop people disobeying the stay home rules!

Luckily we have more than enough things to be getting on with should the weather turn really cold.

On the doll front , I’m expecting the arrival of a doll from the A girl for all time range, I have a few on preorder and Elinor, the Elizabethan girl.
The nice thing with a preordered doll is,I have already paid for her, so it’s like getting a present ! 
She’s due to arrive this week which will be lovely.

I popped over to Ginny’s site just to see what was available and so I’m now waiting on a coat and a jacket.
I was looking for some winter dresses but couldn’t leave empty handed! Mind you that coat will be very handy now it’s getting colder. 
I’m also getting the knitting needles out to try and gets some doll sweaters done along with something for my grandson  ,I just have to see if I can with this damaged arm.

Remember it’s doll photo day on the 5th ,I have already received some lovely photos for this month’s post.

Have a lovely healthy week 
Dee

The photos are of the books , on the one below you can see the sun hitting the right had pile at the bottom , from across two rooms.


4 comments:

  1. Old bear and his friends are some of our favorites. How lovely you have a grandson and granddaughter to share them with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love old bear and his friends, the books are the ones I read to my girls, so it will be lovely to read them with the grandchildren :)

      Delete
  2. This is a big project you have started. I should do the same - I fear I have doublettes of some books just because there are so many I lost control a bit.
    Then I hope that siberian air will bring you some snow! We have, first only on the hilltops, but now it's more. I love snow. But people go mad and drive from all over the country to get nearby where more snow is. Understandable but against all stay-at-home-rules and very chaotic. I would love if it snows some brain one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems most projects in this house are always big ! I’m quite good at not buying the same book twice but cannot say the same about magazines!
      Today it was trying to snow! But barely a flake or two but it’s certainly cold enough !
      Alas those covidiots would still probably ignore the rules even if it was snowing brains! 😉

      Delete