Sunday 1 August 2021

SUNDAY 1ST AUGUST

 Well I managed to complete my self imposed challenge, to put a photo on everyday for the month of July. My intention was just to add one photo but as usual when I take a photo or two and then go to add it, a small story will attach it's self to them and one becomes several with a story.

So we are now starting into August usually a nice hot summer month , although we seem to have had plently of heat already along with some short sharp heavy showers. Personally I quite like to get some rain during the month , it saves on having to water the garden and helps to freshen the day or night and makes for better sleeping conditions.

As is usual for this time of year most of our spare time is spent weeding or working or even just sitting out in the garden. The gazebo has come into it's own with it's new walls allowing us to leave out the seating cushions without fear of rain soaking them in from the sides. Which with the on and off rain showers this last week as been great.

Although I know that getting Paul to start any inside jobs this time of year is nigh on impossible , my mind has turned towards getting my bedroom decorated and finished. It was last decorated about 13/14 years ago when I could not live with the coral coloured wallpaper that was up when we moved in any longer, so stripped the walls and painted them in mocha as a temporary measure until we got round to decorating...... I also bought the beautiful calm wallpaper I wanted to be hung back then.

One thing led to another over the years and the bedroom stayed mocha and the wallpaper stayed in it's box but my mind is now focusing on that room, even though the kitchen  downstairs still needs finishing but that involves new cookers and another change about, so my bedroom is jumping in front of finishing the kitchen. So this week I decided to move the bed around to decide just where it was going to be placed. Naturally I did not go for the original option of under the window where there was no radiator but under the window where there is one ! 

So now I will need to get a plumber in , to move the radiator and also an electrian to put in some plug points ( we won't mention that he'd already put in the plug points under the other window ready for the bed placement ! ) At least I decided I could live with the old ceiling and not need to pull it down , it's lathe and plaster and the dust/ mess, would be a nightmare ! But  I can sort out the plumber and electrian while Paul's still focused on outside, ready for when I can get him back in for work on the house. If I can get it all done by Christmas I will be very happy! 


Our new larger water butt finally arrived after about a four week wait. We have a large one for Pauls workshop down the garden and had a much smaller standard one here by the house, but decided to upgrade the house one to a much bigger one, what with climate change and the hotter weather, it will enable us to use more rainwater rather than a hosepipe. The above photo was taken for the agapanthus rather than the waterbutt, however you can see it in the background.

We have also spent some time catching up on whats been happening at the Olympics and enjoying seeing team GB get in the medals. I must be so hard for those that have trained for so long and this one big event , when something stops them freaching the top or they have an injury etc. But they should all be proud just to have had the chance to attend.


On the doll front another doll was sold but also a baby natterer doll arrived along with a Gotz mini Ella plus I may have bid on a Gregor ..... and won... So he'll be turning up next week and then I go into my next self imposed challenge of buying no dolls or doll related items for the coming month! There will be one exception and that is if a button nosed brunette was to come up for sale at a good price but thats my only exception! Half the bsattle for this challenge will be remembering it!

So it will soon be the fifth and doll photo day, I look forward to seeing your lovely photos arrive to be shared with others.

I wish you all a happy healthy month ahead and a very happy birthday to anyone celebrating one this month.

Dee



2 comments:

  1. All the hard work pays - your garden looks just wonderful.
    A tall rain butt is never a bad idea! You save on the water bill, and rain water is better for the plants. Of course you have to carry watering cans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes watering cans but good for keeping fit ;)

      Delete