Sunday 12 March 2023

A SUNDAY IN MARCH..

 


I was trying to take some photos of the pictures in the hallway but it was very hard to get just the right shot or angle!



Although it did remind me, as it always does, when I see this space above  the copper circle that there is some pictures still to be framed and hung up. But we are running out of wall space! That is a problem when not only do we love pictures, we also have a tendency to knock walls down therefore reducing the space even more!

Both Paul and I have had a proper old fashioned cold this week, you know the type, sneezing, blocked nose, sore throat. So we've been not doing overly much for a day or so before carrying on as usual.



Paul finished the houses as shown yesterday and is now building me a slim three story house with the leftovers ! Then that's it.. honest! I will be hard pressed to find somewhere for this little house and the tall slim one!


The dolls house carpet is done! Well apart from the tidying of the edges. It's got one or six mistakes but whose looking! I'm pleased with how it's turned out and will probably make a few more but not quite so fiddly.

On the laptop front, I'm taking it to someone next week to get a price if it can be repaired, if not then I will have to look at buying a replacement.

 On the doll front one left but none arrived, so going in the right direction. Also probably because it's supposed to be Spring, my mind was off on the 'just how much dolls and stuff do I need ' it always happens around this time. I'm happy with how many Sasha's/Gregors I have and also Roche dolls, but feel I could slim down quite a few of the other dolls I have, so 'heads' could be rolling there plus I still need to be hard on all the bits and pieces for dolls I have, she says having two dolls houses made just now by Paul!, but I do have items that never see the light of day and I need, once the warmer weather arrives to slowly go through all the cupboards, drawers and boxes and move things on.   Last year I was quite good in selling off some of the multiple old dolls clothes I had for other dolls who had been and gone which helped empty a biggish box. So if I could do that but with props, that would help a lot to free up cupboard, drawer and hopefully floor space. 

Which all sounds perfect, IF it happens!  I think if I could get a stall in a doll fair and then have a go at selling it all at once, I might be able to get rid of a lot of the smaller pieces etc.

On that note, I'm off to take some photos of dolls who could be on the adoption list later today, so I will wish you all a warm happy healthy week ahead.

Dee



4 comments:

  1. Your pictures look lovely. Getting an assemblage of pictures all balanced just right is real work of art in itself. I love your terrace houses and the miniature rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard when you love pictures but should not buy more because there is just nowhere left to hang them! Thank you I'm very happy with both house and carpet :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the pictures Dee, and I do understand the pressure that comes with less walls to hang pictures on. I have some lovely framed drawings my father did that need to be hung and I have very little wall space left.
    Love the carpet, it looks beautiful. How do you finish the edges?
    Can't wait to see what Paul creates next.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some space for your Dad's drawings. I have to sew the edges of the carpet but lost the needle ( forever losing things seconds after I have them! ) If the weather stay's too cool to garden, I'm on a winner lol Hugs x

      Delete