Sunday 19 March 2023

ANOTHER SUNDAY'S ARRIVED!

 How did that happen? I was sure I'd be getting in at least a little blogging last week but it appears not! I did have plans to change a few of the dolls but that also appears to have fallen by the wayside! 

I cannot even say that I have been productive and that's why I didn't get round to it. Maybe I've lost my Mojo and will have to hope it returns soon! I do have the idea's but it's getting me to move my tush and actually do them! Maybe I need the sun and warmer weather? It's not so easy to while the weather can be around 6 degrees most days. Although it as now started creeping up into double figures and when I have nipped into the doll studio for something, it's actually also been in double figures in there too!

We are now having some much needed rain, due to a very dry winter apart from that snowy spell. So although I rather it wasn't raining I do understand that it is badly needed.

Paul used the leftover wood from making the little houses, to make me a three storey townhouse.

This was while waiting for wallpaper to dry.



and I finally got to use my William Morris dollshouse wallpaper! Result!. Paul decided to get a part for his router, in order to get a neater cut for the windows and door, only to have it arrive and then not be able to remove one of the screws in the router, which meant another couple of days wait while another part was ordered to help resolve that!

This townhouse could land up being given to Clara at a later date, when she wants it.

However I did follow through on my plan to start a cull of the dolls and listed quite a few on the sales page and on ebay, which mean going into the loft and finding any boxes I had kept. For once I had kept them all, so they were all able ( apart from one who didn't have a box) able to be put away into their boxes while awaiting a new home.

Then of course where to put these pile of boxes!


So they landed up in a corner of the living room for the week! At least once they are all sold not only will there be less dolls to house but less boxes in the loft!.

Naturally it being Spring means my attention wanders onto making things work better and rearranging furniture , photos, dolls, clothing or whatever else comes to mind! At present it's been the dolls not having a proper home indoors! The Sasha's have a cabinet that is supposed to be up in the bedroom but is in fact blocking the light from beside one set of the french doors in the kitchen! And in truth to try and squeeze that cabinet up there would envolve a rearranging of all the furniture! and since it all still needs decorating and carpeting ( maybe by this Christmas maybe.. ) I decided to rearrange the furniture in the kitchen/breakfast/ day room. It meant putting the lloyd loom sofa back outside now the worse of the winter is over and moving the other sofa to wear it was in front of the radiator, which meant I could bring in the biggest of the glass display cabinets in from the studio and put it in the corner of the wall where the sofa had been.

before although before low book case was block part of window.



now

So now have to move all the dolls from their various hiding places around the house into the cabinet. Then  the cabinet in the kitchen will go inot the doll studio and the small book case will fit between the doll cabinet and my desk, thereby freeing up all the places where parts of the windows have been blocked.

By doing this, it will clear two area's and a large hamper of dolls will finally be able to be seen and not have to be moved in the winter each year! Only thing I may need to do is add a blind to the cabinet for the summer months.


On the doll front, one did arrive this week and two left.The arrival was  a Ten Ping doll by Ruby Red Gallery, she is 8 inches tall with moveable joints. A few years back I had a Gigi, then sold her on towards paying for another doll, naturally I now wish I'd kept her! But I am really happy that this little one has arrived.


Seen here with Miffy, I did think oh she could live in the townhouse! However if she's an 8 year old and stands at 4 foot, the house is too small. Being one twelfth.


On that basis, she needs a room that's as high as the inside of the window seat but of course much wider! So I can feel another one up, one down house being required.. I wonder who could make me one of those? 

That will also be able to go on top of the cabinet that's now going into the doll studio being so much shorter than the one that's now in the house.

So on that note I'm off to carry on moving dolls from one place to another and hoping that everything will have a home once I'm finished.

Have a lovely happy funfilled healthy week ahead

Dee






No comments:

Post a Comment