Sunday 26 March 2023

SO ANOTHER SUNDAY

 It's been sort of busy, we have had some bright days with a touch of warmth but also cold winds just so you don't think just because it's spring, winters not lurking for a final bite!

Saturday I even dared to put some washing out onto the line! Naturally as soon as I did the sun vanished and grey clouds covered the sky but the was a good breeze, it was a bitter breeze but I thought I'd give it a chance!  An hour passed and I started to think I'd better get it in soon, then got side tracked, only to notice after a while that some spots of rain were appearing, fighting the dogs to get out the door quickly I started to take it off the line, Paul came to help and we had nearly made it when the heavens opened and cold icy rain hit, the type that makes you squeal as it starts to soak you!  had to leave a couple of items and run for cover, Paul had already done so. The washing was almost dry unfortunately I was not!

But now we are mostly having brighter days and my mind jumps between the bedroom, which needs plaster boarding and the garden that needs masses of work, especially weeding! I did spend some time outside Saturday, while trying to get some decent photos of the Kites, who I swear were watching my efforts and trying to help me, by constantly coming in low and hovering above the garden as if to say I'm here here woman! Press the button... too late !


I have some good clear photos! but the laptop is getting worse for being able to actually see them when trying to add them to the post.

So any photos on the far left are totally un-seeable and it's a case of sometimes clicking on them to load onto blog, then removing them when they turn out to be something totally different to what I thought they were! So I will have to, no more putting it off, take this laptop to the shop and ask if it can be repaired and if so how much! Then a decision can be made!

Paul's been enjoying making my townhouse and the railings arrived Saturday, along with the door knob and carpets and flooring, so it's all finished! Now it's a case of finding it a home! 






 and one of the best parts, furnishing it!


On the doll front, I have been sourcing some stands for the dolls that will need some protection from falling, especially one or two at the front of the higher shelves, a full face plant from that height would not be a good thing!

No dolls have arrived but three have left, which is great as the pile of boxes is now five less than when I last showed you. However I have started to list more and also a few other items. So that's all heading in the right direction. One day I may be able to get into my doll studio without having to move half a dozen bags or boxes..... yes yes I know a likely tale!

If the weather continues to improve, after the really cold couple of days they say for this coming week, I will be able to get into the studio and make some headway. The cull of doll things must start and continue until space is found and stories can once again be told! 

So on that note I will wish you all a happy healthy week ahead 

Dee




2 comments:

  1. Weather has not been cooperative at all where we live, and I'm just itching to get out and start on some projects (and thinking about how many of them probably will never get accomplished this year. The townhouse really turned out beautifully. Maybe those birds were thinking, "Ah, she's hanging out the wash, get ready boys!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you find you remember every job that you need to do when you cannot get out there to do it and the minute you can at least half will be totally forgotten!
      The birds are usually quite good and don't attack the washing.. probably know it will be a lean winter if they did! ;)

      Delete