Monday 16 June 2014

HATTIE DOES SMOCK!

After a lot of moaning and groaning and time wasting Hattie finally arrives to have her photo taken!


"Kindly go and put on the shoes and socks I left with the dress please Hattie !"
" These look fine!"
" Now please Hattie and get a move on!"


" They are not the socks I left out Kindly go change "
" But those socks were PINK!"
" Well those socks are pink striped! So what is the difference? Go change "


" But Mum those pink ones itch! "
" Shame ! go and put them on!"


Hattie turns to go grumbling all the way..


" So it's ok for me to have a big red rash on my feet!" grumbles Hattie turning away


" Well I don't know how long it will take me to walk back with ITCHING feet " she grumbles..
Mum finally gives put deciding that the striped socks do look nice with the pink shoes. " Ok Enough! " she calls to the disappearing Hattie " Come back you can keep them socks on !"

While Hattie's making her way back a small bear appears in front of the camera.



" Hello Reuben , can I help you ? "
" No No Mrs Mum it's me that's here to help you !" says Reuben smiling !!
Mum is very suspicious of a smiling Reuben ! But Hattie arrives ...


" Hello Reuben ? What are you up to!"
" Hello Miss Hattie Why should you think I am up to anything? "


" Are you really going to wear that hat? " asks a stunned Reuben
" Yes ! Why ? "
" Well it is totally wrong with that dress !"
" And you'd know all about fashion !"
" I'd know enough not to wear that hat!" says a smug Reuben


"What are you UP to Reuben ?" asks Hattie ignoring his comments about her hat


Turning back to the camera he announces " It is with great pleasure that I announce that Miss Harriet Bonham Carter Owen is for once wearing normal clothes !" he shudders " apart from that hat! "


Reuben suddenly finds himself lifted up and placed on the plant pot with Hattie hugging him to her side.
" I hope you are not hugging me! " says a shocked Reuben


"Yes " whispers Hattie " I am "
Reuben , who cannot remember the last time someone gave him a hug, pauses for a moment feeling the warmth of being so close to another person.


Coughing to hide his watery eyes he turns to face away saying " Well don't think you can do it any time you like ! " he glares over at a smiling Mrs Mum " Get a move on !" he calls in annoyance " Can you not see that my hay fever's playing up being stuck by these dratted flowers!"
" Hay fever ? " smiles a knowing Mrs Mum
Reuben just glares his fiercest !


" And " says Reuben in an aside to Hattie " Don't be thinking I'm staying here ! Those two boys may have arrived with NP eye's but that does not an NP make!"
Hattie just looks at the camera and says " Cheese!"


********************************************************************************

I managed to sneak in one full length photo without the hat !


She looks so pretty in this Karen smocked dress with Rosie Bloomfield shoes and Sharon striped socks.
I think I'll have to make her a hat to match so I can get that other one off her!!

*******************************************************************************

15 comments:

  1. Don't tell her I mentioned it, but Hattie looks great!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress - I love clear pale pink on redheads - and her hair is lovely - who did the cut?
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, I adopted her with short hair and my friend Gill's daughter, a hairdresser tidied it for me.
      Dee

      Delete
  3. Hattie looks lovely in the smocked dress Dee! What a beautiful dress and the colors become her so well. I love the touching moment with Reuben too. Great post :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. :) I think that dress looks perfect on Hattie , not that I would tell her or she'd take it straight off again!
      Yes what a surprise from Reuben! :)xxxx

      Delete
  4. I had to take a second look as I could hardly believe that it was our dear wild and eccentic Hattie here as she looks so delightfully pretty in her new smocked dress, pink sandals and socks.

    I was only mentioning to Steve the other day that I'm sure that Rueben would be making an appearance later this week back on his quest for an NP Little Miss....and 'low and behold' here he is .....though sooner than expected and showing that he has a heart and feelings underneath his gruff exterior.
    Super post Denise. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does look so sweet Kendal, not at all like herself!!
      Oh dear am I becoming predicable? May have to watch out for that!! :) Yes Reuben seems to think he'll be making a visit back to his old stomping ground......will have to see happens!!
      Dee xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Hi Dee...Hattie looks great. Such a pretty little girl in her lovely smocked dress. Love seeing all of the different smocked dresses...Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol
      Thanks for giving me the idea when you sent for Sasha's photo! I must stay I love Hattie in that smocked dress she looks so sweet!
      Ain't all these smocked dress gorgeous!
      Dee

      Delete
  6. Well I have to agree with those who've said that Hattie looks pretty in the smocked dress, it is, after all, a very lovely dress and would look great on anyone....however, I have to say that I think, for Hattie, the less conventional is more her look.......I think she looked nice for the photo but please let her get back to her own style!!! I think you have many lovely girls there who can wear the pretty smocks, but Hattie needs her Hattie Style clothes please!!!! ;)
    Big hugs, Sharon xx
    PS My little redhead Ellory would be so disappointed if Hattie lost her Bonham Carter Style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Hattie does like to have HER look but I think she's enjoying playing along at the moment but it won't last! I just know she's going to arrive in one of her outfits soon.... :)
      Ellory as no need to worry!!
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  7. Well it was worth helping to get Hattie into that dress, though I have to agree with Reuben about the colour of the hat, even if Miss Hattie is more than capable of carrying off interesting combinations of clothes and colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doll mum for your assistance, She looks so sweet but of course at to add one of her touches to the look!!
      Poor Reuben I think he was so happy to have her look 'proper' until he saw that hat!!

      Delete