Sunday 13 October 2019

SUNDAY SO SOON !

Well I'd love to say the week improved from a tooth removal point of view but alas it did not! I finally managed to get back to the dentist on Thursday to be informed that I had a dry socket!
So he placed some med's socked lint into hole to encourage the blood to repair it!  Everyone I mentioned a dry socket to, who had had one, said it was an awful pain, so I now understood why despite the constant taking of painkillers had barely touched it!
I'd love to say that's solved the problem but although not in as much pain, it does still ache but I've given up taking painkillers to see how it goes but will never willing have a tooth removed unless it's hanging by a thread!

But lets move on...

The weather this weekend has been very hit and miss with rain and grey clouds forever spreading across the sky! Not that's it's stopped us getting on with things but dry, if cold weather , would have been better for getting more things done.

I've sold another piece of furniture, I knew it would go, as I'd decided that if it didn't sell this time, I'd keep it and up cycle it myself but at least I now don't have to find some space to put it over winter ! I bought some foam to make a cushion for the seat of my new chair so now need to finally settle on which fabric to purchase for it ! I project for after the Chat n Snap.


We bought a nice long water tank to use as a garden planter after looking at some old weathered ones, that they wanted a small fortune for plus almost as much again to deliver! We will plant some nice spring bulbs in it and add some winter colour change the planting again come spring /summer but keep the small blue/green conifer for height and focal point.

Due to my tooth issue I've not done much for the CnS display this year, so it will be a very basic one with the Pirates giving it the zing!
Another raffle donation received was this lovely treasure chest of food by Jane Woodward , who made the wonderful sweet and bakery shop showing on the face-book group.


Some lucky pirates will be having a great party after the event!


So not much happened last week but dental issues or not , this week I have got to get everything gathered together ready for Saturday when hordes will come to pillage and drink rum while searching for treasure on the tables and lord know what the pirates will be doing while that's all going on....

Have a lovely doll filled healthy week ahead

Dee

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you poor thing! I was terrified of getting that. Sending healing thoughts your way! Perhaps the scouts can care for you and earn their first aid badge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I finally have some antibiotics, so hopefully they will do the trick. I did suggest it to the boys but after their offering of a very burnt piece of toast and a luke warm cup of tea ( Ragnor said Dad was not around so he wasn't allowed to boil the kettle !) I thanked them and set them to helping with the Chat n snap :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I do hope your mouth is on the mend soon Dee and that you are free of pain.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have finally given in and got some antibiotics which hopefully will get rid of the abscess which seems to still be lurking about! Hugs X

      Delete
  3. Oh Dee, you poor thing, toothache is horrible, it really brings you down. I hope that by now you're feeling much better...I've never heard of that dry socket you mention, but now I have, I don't want to ever have to experience it.
    The pirate foods stuffs look delicious, I'm sure they went down well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete