Sunday 2 May 2021

MAY'S FIRST SUNDAY

Cast nar a clout till May is out! This old saying is living up to it's truth. Basically it's saying don't cast off anything until May is finished. 

This is because usually May would be starting of the world or atleast our side of the world warming up , Summer is just round the corner and we wouldn't be needing a cardigan never mind a coat!

However it's been pretty cold here the last few days and according to the weather forecast we are about to receive some of the rain that didn't fall in April. When nthe sun does manage to get out from behind the cloud it's lovely and warm but at present a cold breeze is normally blowing. In the last couple of days I've been thinking about buying some thick cardigans it's been that cold!

So whats been happening here in the village, well it's been carrying on with the jobs outside. Paul has been working on making the gazebo a little more comfortable, against those windy days and for that matter rainy ones too.


He built a wall across the side into which we have set some old stained glass windows , there is still a little bit to do to finish that side completely but he's now gone on to deal with the left hand side shown in this photo. Here we are also putting in a low wall and a row of long old stained glass windows, so we can still see the garden but be protected from the worst of any cold breezes that tend to come across the garden from the open fields beyond.

More photos once it's finished , which may be a while because Paul will be making two more stained glass window 's to match the two we bought to set in the centre.


This is a photo of the centre old stained glass windows and Paul will make two more but without the oval abd fancy top detail to keep it more open.

I have received my box order but in truth have not really got back inot the studio to carry on with my sorting and clearing. Which I need to do.

I have however made a few days but did also fall off the wagon and buy a doll! I was just on ebay looking to see if there were any brunette button nose lasses avaialble but came across a very cute blonde button nosed lass! Well she was too cute to just pass by, so I placed a couple of bids and wonder of wonders I won! So Octavia arrived yesterday.


I had bought this mustardy yellow outfit the other week, so Octavia being new to the family got to use it first.

This being a bank holiday weekend, the rain is heading our way ,which will may for a nightmare to get any decent photos in the next couple of days but I shall endevour! Because it will soon be the fifth and doll photo day, so please send in any photos you would like added.

So I must go and see who will be taking part in the doll photo day and also help get things put away before the heavens open.

Have a lovely healthy doll filled week ahead

Dee



4 comments:

  1. That Paul is one talented guy! I love the stained glass windows, and think that having a little bit of enclosure makes for such a nice cozy space. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree , he is very practical and can manage to do most of the mad things I ask him to! :) I think once the weather improves it will be a great space to spend time in.

      Delete
  2. Hello and welcome, Octavia! Nice dress!And congratulations - you've found wonderful parents.
    I love those windows, and the gazebo looks great, I just would love to spend a rainy day there. Well done, really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Octavia says Hello back.
      I just had to buy those windows as I loved them as soon as I saw them and knew just the perfect place!
      You would be welcome to settle there and enjoy some quiet time :)

      Delete