Monday 17 May 2021

SUNDAY IS NOW MONDAY!

 Well this week's been wet! Yes it appears that after that very dry April, the rain that did not arrive then decided to arrive this week ! At first it was sunshine and showers, which was fine as one could carry on working outside.

But then it was showers with plenty of cloud, so much cooler and wetter ! It's only knowing how much the ground really needs the rain that stops the complaints!

A plan I had to clear a path around the side of the formal box garden only got half completed. Although the rains but been so prominent today, Sunday, it's been quite cold. However I did get outside to repot some Auricula's and tidy up some of the patio and will probably head out again later.





However on the doll front things did pick up with the sale of another non sasha doll and the missing doll finally starting to move, after two months of sitting still in Chicago ! So hoping he will arrive at his new home soon. My sorting out and listing of the dolls clothes as come to nothing. Don't ask me why as I have no idea! sometimes things just seem to slip out the mix when doing other things and although there have been times when I could have and should have got on with it , well I didn't ! 

My attention seems to be on the garden and getting things done there and making plans , one of my favourite pastimes, at the moment. Since it is a large garden it does take up a fair amount of time when the growing season starts but then in a month or so should calm down quite a bit ,unless things are being changed or added to! However with the heavy rain showers making the whole place wet it's hard to get on with everything !

Today , Monday, I finally changed the twins into their gardening clothes and also Ginny , shown above, got changed as well. She is standing on the patio table among all the Geraniums that still need to be planted out into the pots.

So today I had my second jab and so far only one slight dizzy moment, so hopefully that will be all.

Now I am off to the studio to take some boxes back and see what needs doing before I head back out to plant some geraniums.

Have agtreat healthy fun filled week.

Dee





8 comments:

  1. Hi Dee!
    I'm so pleased you came over for a visit. Somehow you disappeared from my reading list and I thought you must have closed your blog.

    Good to see you still enjoying your garden, I must check out some earlier posts so I can catch up with what's been happening in your world. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    Still waiting on my second jab and hope it's soon, as our government are thinking of letting those who have been properly vaccinated travel again WOOPEE! I may get to London and Paris sooner than I thought.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lovely to hear from you again. :) No still here annoying the natives ;)
      We do love getting inot the garden and changing it about every year!
      Hope you get your second jab soon and can get on that plane and start enjoying traveling. Hugs Dee x

      Delete
  2. Ginny looks great in her gardening clothes. And maybe she had done some of the geranium planting for mummy by now, so have a look what has gone one while you wrote this post ;-)) She has that determined look on her face: "Mummy I will work while you are busy doing other things"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny does like to help out and did plant a new auricular that arrived this morning but now the dark grey clouds are gathering so the geraniums may have to wait!! even for Ginnt and the twins!

      Delete
  3. We had a stretch of cool rainy days as well. It didn't amount to much, but just kept everything wet. Now it's hot and humid - there's just no pleasing me :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we will get even more days of rain but I’m sure once the sun starts to win the battle I’ll be complaining it’s too hot ! Lol but I’d like the opportunity ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're fully vaccinated too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , it’s nice to be fully vaccinated

      Delete