Friday 2 May 2014

A VISIT

 I have had the last few days off due to having to sort out a problem caused by gum disease and a bad dentist!
So on Monday I had to have several teeth removed and now have a partial dental plate ! In truth I had no problem with having the teeth removed, as I knew it was the only option but was very worried about having to have something in my mouth all the time...lets be honest unless it's covered in chocolate or a cream cake! who would!
However I am pleased to say that I am slowly getting used to it and my speech is improving, which for a chatterbox like myself is a good thing!!

So yesterday I went to visit Gill which gave me a chance to have a good natter without worrying what I sounded like.

I took a couple of my girls, with me, Callie, Simone and Ava , my slate eyed Gotz.Being totally disorganised before I left, which is not like me, I had to take their clothes with me, to change when I arrived, which meant I forgot their pants and also matching shoes, so that had to keep on the pants that matched the previous outfit and the shoes, I just changed about to give the best match.
Here they are once they'd been changed.


Due to all the very heavy rain we had yesterday , they are all wearing coats to keep them dry and warm.


Gill's girls were waiting to greet them and have a good gossip like they've mothers! That sheep kept trying to get into the photos!!


Her boy's were out of school uniform and Neive is having her lip sorted with some milliput so at the moment it looks like she's wearing very out there lipstick!!


Her No navel girls were looking fabulous in their Vintage Sasha dungarees !


Love all of these girls.


Now did you notice Mabel? Sitting quietly holding her teddy? Yes Gill,( I do not like baby's ), now has a baby!!Love her little green dress by Ginny of a passion for Sasha.


Sitting along side Mabel was another baby , a quirky eyed 69 girl, No Gill had not fallen further down the slippery baby slope ! This little one was coming home with me.


The girls wanted to go out and play in the garden but it started raining again, so Gill's girl Miller in the dark green coat, who also wanted to play outside had to stop them!



Miller is wearing a very lovely green coat, please remember this, I will be mentioning it again later!!


I love this Vintage Sasha dress teamed with a Hattie beret and Lisa boots, a perfect match.


Poppy , Gill's No Nose girl , was cycling round the lounge with a basket full of chirping chicks!


During my visit Gill received a dress from Ginny of A Passion for Sasha, which she was going to put on Miller, here is a photo along with the current sweater Gill's knitting, I love the green of the wool. While there Gill showed me some gorgeous long socks she's knitted for the Chat n Snap.


Right back to the green coat. I gave this coat to Gill for her birthday, which is not until September!! So for once I was very early!! But there is a very good reason ! I was getting very tempted to keep it!!!
I had bought myself a green coat a month or so earlier and had not yet used it, so when Gill's coat arrived I was torn between which one I liked , the one that I already had or the new one!
The only difference is in the buttons and lining, so I tried them on the twins which only made me think maybe I should keep them both!!!!! So in order NOT to do that I gave Gill her coat yesterday thereby getting rid of temptation !!
Below is a photo of my coat.


Which I love, but I do love the lining on Gill's one!!


Milo decided that I should be taking photo's of him not Sasha's while I was trying to get a photo of sapphire!


Anyway back to Gill's, my new baby is a quirky eyed 69 girl, I did own one once but she had a wig due to falling hair which drove me mad, so I sold her then wished I'd kept her and had her re rooted.
So when I saw this little one on Shelly's looking so sweet but still with hair even though it's falling, I decided to invite her to come live with me. My last Quirky eyed girl was called Dulcie , so this little one is going to take that name.

Although it was still raining I thought I would show you some photo's of Gill's courtyard style garden.


1
2

3

4

back to start! showing her lovely clematis on the arch at the side . due to the rain I totally forgot to take a photo facing back towards the house. I'll ask Gill to send me one and add it later.
I love courtyard gardens and Gill's is lovely.

Well it was soon time for me to head home before all the school children came out and doubled the time of my journey home. we'd had a great time, discussing among other things all the Sasha's we loved on Shelly's, clothes on Ginny's and Ruth's and now we still do not have enough shoes in the right colour!!!!!



Gill very kindly sent the photo I forgot to take of looking back at the house from her garden.

********************************************************************************

10 comments:

  1. And here's me being accused of being the neglectful mother to my toddler Connor... and you and Gill have left little, non-standing babies sitting on the sofa alone. Why are they not being dandled on their mothers' knees?? ( I just want to see you both with your babies really!)
    So glad little lady quirky arrived home. She's cute.
    I love your girls in their special jackets - I keep missing out on them on Etsy - always sold when I look, they are stunning.
    Glad the teeth are behaving a bit better. Isn't it awful when you can't speak clearly? I have that problem sometimes through the MS and I HATE talking on the phone then - I have been accused of being drunk though I haven't had a drop of booze in years.
    Gill has a lovely home and the courtyard with that beautiful blue paint work on the door, is stunning.
    Happy Friday!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we know where the babies are!!!!! some mothers cannot say this.... :) My poor little Dulcie is still waiting for a nice wash and change of clothes!!
      I love these coats and dresses of Karen's.
      The teeth are slowly behaving themselves!! unlike their owner ;) That must be so annoying and frustrating, not have trouble due to your illness and to be told you are drunk without having had a drop!! It just shows that people do not wait and listen but jump in and make incorrect assumptions ! I saw a programme where a young man who had a very bad stutter was forever having the phone put down on him before he could form a word!!
      Gill's home and garden is lovely , I love how there is no grass, so it always looks tidy !!
      Dee x

      Delete
  2. Gosh there is so much to see and comment on in this post that I'm not sure just where to begin!

    Firstly I adore your new little Quirky eye-browed baby, Dulcie. She looks such a gorgeous little poppet.
    Congratulations too to Gill on her first ever Sasha baby, Mabel who looks to be already well loved in her new dress and own little Teddy.

    Secondly all the girls look fantastic in their new and extremely attractive Karen Warnaka coats. (I can well see how hard it was to choose between the two green coats as both sets of the buttons are so well co-ordinated to the two different linings. Sheer perfection!)
    My Sashas are very thrilled with the pale blue one that you so very kindly sent them on my birthday a few weeks ago. They are all still busily taking turns to get to wear it.

    Gill' s blonde No-navels look very smart too in their VS Dungarees and with their hair beautifully done.
    (Talking of well brushed hair I must add that Milo's coat is looking quite supreme.)

    Gill's courtyard garden looks terrific and the rain has certainly has given it an extra sparkle. (PS WE here didn't have any rain although it was forecasted.) I have always loved courtyard gardens with their enclosed walls and plantings.

    Thanks Denise for another great and most interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal , she is a lovely little one with a very sweet look to her.
      I have been collecting these coats over a long time and they do indeed look so nice on and It is very hard to part with the ones I intend for presents!!!
      I love Gills N N girls. especially the one with shorter hair :)
      Milo is such a fluffy cat and he is now 12 and the brown rings have started to appear round his neck a little like a tree showing it's age!!! lol
      I love Gill's courtyard style garden and take any chance to snap a few photo's!
      Glad you enjoyed this post.
      Dee xx

      Delete
  3. Another lovely post! And if you're reading this Gill, please forgive me, I owe you an email!!!! Anyway, I love the new babies and feel incredibly naughty and guilty because mine is totally neglected. He is still nude and has been for ages...except for his socks. I'm a very bad dolly mother at the moment. I just don't know if babies are for me, they're so cute .... on other peoples blogs!!!! And then I look at his little face and think "oh Bertie, I'm sorry for thinking that!"
    Glad to hear the tongue and teeth are settling in well together and you can talk better now. I had a brace when I was young, and it was on a plate and so know just what you mean.
    I love the coats and all the lovely Sashas on this post too.....and Gills garden is really pretty. I too like courtyard and walled gardens, and it's nice having plants in pots so that you can move them around. The rain makes everything look so pretty and crisp and green!
    Going back to the dolls, I like the green checked dress that arrived when you were there and the green cardigan. It reminded me of mine and Brendan's junior school as that was the summer uniform....not when I was there of course, we didn't have summers i those days, or special uniforms for them! LOL
    Big hugs Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon! That poor Bertie is naked!!! and him having lived in a sewing mother home for all these months!! You'd best send him here :) Now you have your new girl Ellie , he'll be naked for another couple of months!!
      The plate and month are beginning to get used to each other and although I told Paul I had decide that was enough now, he appears to think I have to keep them!!! ;)

      Courtyard gardens are so nice and it's lovely to have things in pots to re arrange when ever you feel like a change of scene.
      Gill's knitting the sweater to sell at the Chat n Snap .
      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  4. Sad to read you got probs with your teeth - but happy to know, you're getting better now.
    And what a nice day at your friend - thanks for showing all the things around:
    dolls and gardens and knittings...

    I love greens as well, as you all know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, yes I did have a prob but hopefully this work will have sorted it out ! :)
      It was a lovely day and always fun to see what Gill's girls are wearing and what she is knitting for the Sasha's and Gregor's.
      I had noticed your love of green :)
      hugs Dee xx

      Delete
  5. What a great post Dee!!! I love the garden shots and Gill's no navels are just gorgeous! Your new quirky baby is precious and how lucky to be a part of your family. I am sure Gill was thrilled to receive that lovely coat. Hope you are all better now and smiling big :))) hugs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. It was a lovely visit , what with Gill's lovely garden and Sasha's! It was nice to collect Dulcie so she could come meet her new family.
      I am much better now thanks and smiling big :))) hugs
      Dee xx

      Delete