Sunday 7 February 2016

TOBIAS AND ZACKERY

It's Trendon boy week on the face book group, so I decided that I'd take some up to date photo's of the boys as I put them on,

I have started with Tobias and Zackery or as they are usually called Toby and Zak.


These lads are the same but so different. Toby was the first boy I ever bought, so hlds a very special place in the village family. When he arrived he smelt awful! not so much him as his hair! But having heard all the horror stories of brunette dolls hair falling , I was too worried at that time to consider the thought of washing it.



He'd come from an estate sale in the US and I did wonder if I'd made a big error in his purchase. Paul the DH told me to leave him out in th garden to air!! It was February near March, if I remember,  correctly ! Still cold with only the wintry sun shining on the good days. He'd been given a good wash of the body but the hair!! nasty, so I wrapped him in a thick towel to keep him warm !


And yes I did worry about him getting cold! and placed him on a table sheltered from any rain in the Gazebo for several hours each day. It took a good while but his hair stench receded and finally disappeared all together.


Zak on the other hand arrived in his original outfit in lovely , or so I thought, condition a few years later. I'd seen him on ebay for a nice low price so bought him. He'd been living here several months when I was holding him one day and realised that he had a big red mark running down the side of his hand!
Then I noticed he had a clear substance on one of his feet covering his toes and a mark on his leg! Observance is not one of my talents!


since his arrival , Toby and him have been the best of friends and brothers. Toby full of mischief and disaster and Zak his quiet saviour!
The village would nt be the same without them
**********************************************************************************


4 comments:

  1. How I so love seeing these boys of yours in action together on your posts. I still have a little smile when I think of the Windmill and Cycle Trial posts to name just two of these that will always stand out.
    They each bounce off each other being almost oppposites of characters.
    Hope that they are going to treat us to more of their fun and mischievous adventures very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They true are a right pair as you say and their appearances always seem to involve some sort of dicey episode happening! I am sure they'll be making a few appearances in the coming months ! :) x

      Delete
  2. They're two lovely boys Dee and along with Robin, are my favourite lads at the Sasha Village. I do like the little overalls/dungarees that they're wearing too, they're boyish but child-like, making them look so very playful.
    Having gone through a smelly purchase like this I do understand about Toby's problems on arrival, but unfortunately I just immediately washed my boys hair and it did indeed all fall out! Ooops, we live and learn, hopefully!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would confess the three you mention are pretty much the bees knees here :)
      Ginny makes some great clothes for the dolls.
      I think Toby's hair would be okay if washed, I have washed almost every dolls hair that's come here even the ones that had a very good chance of falling but back in the early days I never dared! Now I tend to jump in and hope for the best :)xx

      Delete