Sunday 2 April 2017

CATCHING UP WITH CATCHING UP

April ! Was it not just March? Is the world spinning quicker? that the days or months seem to go so fast! I was sure they said time slows as you get older ! So I must still be quite young !

This week has been a busy one work wise, needed to work one of my Fridays which was followed by a Saturday , so half the weekend gone in a blink.

But we did manage to get outside today and finish painting the render on new infilled porch.


I was doing quite well and had not got any paint on myself until I carried the plastic sheet I was using to protect the ground , round to the front to place down , only for the wind to pick up at that point and plaster it to my legs, leaving me covered in white splodges of paint on both trouser legs!!!


I think now it's painted it helps to make it look like it was always been part of the house.


The Magnolia , Black Tulip, is budding up , it's best year so far !


I'm hoping that all the buds will get a chance to open and not get caught by any frost.


I just love it's deep rich colour.

I am adjusting to the fact that Izzy is not around any more but her bed is still in the kitchen and I cannot decide when is the right time to take it away! Part of me would love to leave it there forever but another part knows it would free up space if it was removed.
So I think I may move it to under where I do my blogging photos and see how I feel, it will still be in the kitchen but not in it's usual place, which will feel strange but it won't be gone, which seems to be the thing I cannot bring myself to let happen at present.

I am being very good , sort of , doll wise at the moment but a couple of dolls I ordered a while back arrived a week or so back. They are not Sasha's but Waldorf cloth dolls.


So here is Goldie, Reba and Victory. Goldie and Reba were made for me by Branka , who also made Nina who was the first one I bought a good while back and Victory, I found on the site of another maker whose doll I already had who lives in Italy. I now have six of these dolls, so that will be it unless of course I find one I just cannot resist. Hopefully I will resist as these dolls take up a lot more space than a Sasha!

So It's the beginning of April, so Doll shelf photos are required if you'd like to take part , please send in your photos by the 5th.

I wish you all a lovely week ahead and many happy returns to anyone with a birthday this month.




*********************************************************************************


15 comments:

  1. That magnolia is magnificent, lets hope your wish comes true and those glorious buds don't get messed up by frost. The infilled porch looks very smart but I am afraid I had to chuckle about your windy mishap with the paint and dust sheet - isn't that just typical! I have painting trousers especially for jobs such as this because I KNOW I will get paint splodges on myself (fingernails, hair, etc), so an old pair which has been used many times for painting don't matter. No doll shelf photo available at present but I shall look forward to seeing what others send you. You will know when is the right time to move Izzy's bed. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased with how the Magnolia's is flowering this year, it's it's best ever.
      Luckily my trouser were old ones which I didn't mind if they got a splash or two but was filling so clever that they were fine until the wind picked up at just the wrong moment!

      Delete
  2. Your new entry is beautiful. It does indeed look like it has always been there. I love the door color and stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am pleased the colour of the door worked out and the stained glass goes so well.

      Delete
  3. How fresh and Spring-like everything is looking around the front door area and newly closed in porch...though how maddening to have got paint over your trousers at the very end. (Yesterday I accidently spilt bleach over a reasonably new pair of navy trousers so they are now permently patterned with long thin pink trickles down both legs.)

    Good luck with the Magnolia Black Tulip blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal. It just needs a couple of small things done to be completely finished, which will hopefully be done by the end of the month.
      Luckily my trousers were old just thought I had managed to get away without painting them!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE these catch up posts Dee. Such a variety of news is wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing. J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni :) There is always something that needs doing around the house the garden or the dolls Thankfully or you'd be well bored! xx

      Delete
  5. Your doorway is lovely Dee, very welcoming! You will know when it is time to move Izzy's bed or not. I would not rush the decision and would do what you are doing, waiting and thinking. Thank you for sharing your Waldorf doll collection. I really like your Reba. What a cutie and what an adorable outfit. They are all lovely though. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, we are very pleased we did it. Thank you I will take my time as there is no rush and it's nice to still have it around.
      Those Waldorf dolls can be a little like Sasha's in that one is not enough! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. The stained glass door looks as if it had belonged there forever. And your dark red magnolia is lovely. We only have the light pink ones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , we're every pleased with how it's worked out. The Black Tulip Magnolia was a new one out when we bought it about five years back.

      Delete
  7. Nice change to see the Waldorfs..at least they are not G-G-Gotz!!!!
    On a sadder note, your heart will let you know when it is time to move Izzy's bed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure? they could be part of the Gotz family.... no you are right not a Gotz amongst them!
      Thanks I know I'll have to take my time and keep it around for a while it helps me cope at present .xx

      Delete
  8. Yes well sploshed! but at least I now have some trousers for when I do the paint type jobs!
    We still have Jasper's lead and collar. Paul said he meant to take Izzy collar off her but I'm glad he didn't and that it's still with her. Her lead and everything else is still around and it will take a good while before I can pt them away. yes her bed helps me even though it's empty.
    That's what I was hoping that it would look like it was always part of the house :) xx

    ReplyDelete