Friday 7 April 2017

JUST BECAUSE

I fell in love with the fabric of this dress made by Petrana for the Sasha's , so despite trying not to buy anything at present I found myself emailing Petrana and buy it.

However I did not want it for a Sasha but for one of my Kaye Wigg girls, Faith.

But I did put it on Martha and take some photos.



I even have the perfect colour shoes by Rosie Bloomfield for the Sasha's to wear with it.


It does suit Martha but she'll have to give it up at the end of the photo shoot!


Even though it's almost five o'clock the sun is still streaming down.


Martha is standing on the dolls picnic table under the covered bench roof.


you can see how the pink shoes pick up the pink in the dress fabric.


another photo on the sunny side of the garden.


We moved over to the other side and onto that covered bench so you could see the tru colour of the dress.


she almost looks like she as her hands in her pockets in this one but the dress does not have pockets.


 a true colour view of the fabric.


the stage


It's a shame that Martha will have to give this dress up but she has many clothes to chose from where as poor Faith at present as none ! But maybe if I get my act together I get round to making Faith a dress then who knows Martha may get this one back!


*********************************************************************************

13 comments:

  1. Martha looks great in thisdress but I'm sure your KayeWiggs girl will too. Martha looks to be a sweet-natured lttle girl and I'm sure she ishappy just to beallowed to try on Faith's dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think so too! But Faith also looks good in it and she's got no clothes, so Martha who is a kind and sweet girl is happy just to try it on for the blog post.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty dress and as I have maybe, a slight change of heart on the Gotz front as I am in love with Fritz she looks very special in it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who was it that said....'I don't believe it?' Had to re-read this comment again as after all these past years of SS not liking the Gotz Sasha dolls!
      Good boy Fritz! Does this mean that we'll all be able to post our Gotz dolls with freedom from any guilty feelings from now on?

      Delete
    2. Now I just know she's been taken over by aliens!!! ;) I knew she could not keep up this love hate relationship with the Gotz !
      Nice to see you have come to your senses Queenie! :)

      Delete
  3. She does look beautiful! The perk of being a top model is that there's always a new outfit to try on.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha is a girl who can look good in anything! :)

      Delete
  4. It looks like a version of a William Morris pattern. It is very a beautiful dress; I like both the pattern and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I thought William Morris when I saw it and I do love WM fabrics and patterns , so that while it probably hit a cord straight off!.The colours are so lovely and rich.

      Delete
  5. Martha is definitely wearing your favourite coloured dress here.
    I'm rather surprised that she wasn't then taken to be posed in front of the new front door...although that might have required a little bending down on the poorly leg/foot.
    Martha is modelling this very pretty Petana dress today with some perfect posing... so guessing that it's going to take some firm and hard persuasion to get her to take it off afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is in one of my favourite colours. Funnily enough I did think about taking some photos by the front door but had taken so many did not get round to it.
      Alas she only had it on for a short while after I finished photographing as poor Faith was waiting naked for it's return but I have made up for it today with Martha.

      Delete
  6. The dress does suit Martha and the colours and fabric are lovely, as are the shoes which are perfect with it. But Faith really does need it, poor girl! So I'm glad that Martha did give it back for Faith to wear. It's great that the girls can share, isn't it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but Faith's need is greater! Martha is a very kind girl and knew Faith needed it more than her :)
      It is so good that they could share if needed :) xx

      Delete