Tuesday 5 July 2016

FROM RAGS TO RICHES

A while back Wendy sent me some photo's of some dolls she's found for a good price but in a bad condition.

So she set about cleaning them up.


Getting ready for a good wash!


Very dirty...


Four wonderful Sasha dolls in a dirty but savable condition



drying off after a very good wash!

and look at them now!!


The Baby whose gone off to a good home.



The Gregor looking handsome.


and look at Cora now! Just plain Gorgeous!! in a dress by Wendy.


and the three out in the garden enjoying that evening sunshine.


What a fantastic find and what great work Wendy's done to bring them back to life.


Ode for Sasha dolls

Dolls neglected so sad and forlorn
Clothing grubby,damaged and torn
Brought them all home,with much TLC
Smiling again as they should be.

By Wendy F.


So there is still time for me to find that box full of tatty and grubby NP dolls , long neglected and unwanted and get them for a song...... I'd definitely be singing if I ever found them!


Many thanks to the lovely and talented Wendy for sharing their discovery and recovery with us.




*********************************************************************************






7 comments:

  1. Just how wonderful was that! Goes to show what a little TLC can do.
    I'm so thrilled and pleased for them.
    PS Could do with a little of this on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lucky they were to be rescued by Wendy! My friend and used to rescue them years ago when the most likely place to find them was a junk shop and we would haggle to get them for less than £2 but they were never restored as quickly as this little group, in fact, some are still waiting, clean but a little wobbly, stringing been beyond either of us. But, like Kendal - I could do with a little TLC too - especially a restring!
    I soooo love the Cora. She's a really pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too could use a re-string ! I truly value the lovely comments -thank you, but the best bit was saving them from a very grubby bag in an 'antique' shop whilst on holiday. Like Dee I have always 'dreamed ' of finding dolls ...no NP's though..so will keep searching. Cora is such a beautiful doll but has some tiny dents in her neck ...I have some fine Milliput but reluctant to use as inexperienced,I hope to find a tutor for this ! Thank you so much for showing my photos Dee. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the little brunette Gregor, he's so handsome now that he's all cleaned up and in his tam o'shanter, what a cutie! The Cora is very pretty too. What a great find and so nicely brought back to 'life', well done Wendy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing dolls being cleaned up like this - they all look fantastic now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love seeing dolls rescued and brought back to life.....well done Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous transformations and I love stories of the waifs being renewed and refreshed and loved again. I love the dress that Wendy made for Cora! It is gorgeous! A great post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete