Sunday 7 July 2019

WELL THE FIRST SUNDAY IN JULY!

And what a lovely sunny start to the month it's been! Of course that means that everything in the garden is growing well which includes the grass and the weeds! Plus it all needs some watering especially any pots.

We also received the tile samples this week.


We put them all together to see how they looked.


The Alice tile is a good match and very nice but


We just love the prettiness of the William Morris seaweed design tile.and it doesn't look as dark as in the photos. So we'll be going with these tiles for behind the range stove. Which also means I can get a blind made in the same fabric for the window above the sink.

The rest of the kitchen is moving along a little faster now the sink's in and decisions are being made! Alas the microwave decided to break in a way that cannot be repaired but although this is  an unneeded expense we've decided to go with an integrated one to replace it.

All this expense means no new dolls , even though there is one I really fancy on ebay at the moment, part of me is hoping it will sell very very soon while the other part is thinking , Should I ? Could I ? Did I ?

So no new doll photo's today , so I'm off to do some weeding while it's still light and cool enough to wander the garden safe from the burning sunshine.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful healthy week of fun

Dee




6 comments:

  1. Yeah for the William Morris tile! I really love that one. Mo question about it Dee; we both need to inherit a lot of money from some long lost relative so we can do all the necessary household fixes, buy the dolls we must have, and hire someone to do the weeding. Enjoy your week!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! i just toyed with the idea of the other tile ;) Sound like a plan on that inheritance lark.. just wish I had a long lost relative who wants to gift me all their cash and a few precious Arts and Crafts furniture pieces :)

      Delete
  2. Immediately guessed that it would be the William Morris tile knowing your particular love for this designer artist! A matching blind sounds just the ticket although there might be a slight variance in the overall colour due to the different base materials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just cannot resist the man's goods! I think the two are far enough apart to not be too different from tile to fabric.

      Delete
  3. Great choice Dee, I also thought you'd choose the William Morris one as I know you like his work.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to find another choice but I think this house wants WM ! honest it's like it's trying to make me decorate for the 1920's etc ! xx

      Delete