Sunday 6 November 2022

A NOVEMBER SUNDAY

 It appears that the rain we did not get for most of the year, has decided to arrive along with the cold now November is here. Now I actually don't mind the cold, you can dress warm and get on with things indoors and out but cold and wet! No thanks, cold crisp days yes please.

But I do know that as a country we do need this late rain and lots more, if we are to avoid more water problems next year, but it does make it hard to get things done!

Paul is better and is off to see when he can get rebooked for his op, next week.

 His 101-year-old dad is now in a care home because he can no longer be left on his own. He only went in on Tuesday, having agreed he cannot look after himself but naturally is now saying don't give up his flat as he'll be back out soon! When asked again can he manage, the answer is no! But we are hoping after a couple more weeks there he will have gotten used to the people and the place, a very nice place and people and he will accept that there is no going back.

Apart from that not much else has been happening. Just the usual sorting and tidying and plan making! I have been taking photos of the dolls and have various part finished posts sitting waiting. 

I have a wooden Schoenhut doll, with cracking face paint from a respray she had years back, who I would like to remove the paint from, trying to save the original eyes, then repaint, so she can join my other dolls looking well. So, I am planning to have a go at removing the paint this week.


I am also still sorting out things to sell on, although now we are approaching Christmas, sales will tail off but at least I will have sorted and maybe moved on a few more items. In my efforts to tidy the studio by using boxes, it now appears I just have too many boxes, that constantly need moving when the one I need is always the one near the bottom! So, I am hoping that as I sell on more of the props, I will get more space in the cupboards to rearrange them to fit some of these boxes.



I nipped and took these photos of the studio! Yes! after all that work before to make some calm out of the chaos, the chaos is back! 

Another problem as well as too many boxes, I also seem to land up with shopping bags full of assorted items, that I have filled indoors and then instead of sorting the things into those boxes, I leave them on the floor to add to the chaos!

So, my plan for this coming week is to sort through everything that's sitting on the floor and give the carpet beneath a good hover. Along with listing more items to sell on the blog sale page and also onto eBay. I have already started by bring out five of the bags of whatever and resorting the contents and now that's five less things cluttering up the floor.

On the other doll front, not a lot has been happening, I have received a couple of items but more about that in another post. Also, I did get some lovely cord dresses off Ginny and have asked her for a couple of others, including one for a non-Sasha doll.

These were the only colours she had left that were already made up. Luckily, they are all colours I like., I have always liked Ginny's photo on her site, of the second dress from the left, that's shown with one in magenta and one in red, always meaning to at some stage buy them. Now I have finally started to.

I still need to carry on with the clear out, one day I dream of a place for everything and everything in it's place! lol


So have a lovely healthy fun filled week ahead

Dee









2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that once Paul's dad settles in, he will really appreciate not having to do everything for himself, as well as the socializing too. Here at Gregoropolis, I'm in the midst of changing all the kids over into winter clothes, so I certainly know about doll chaos. The doll room looks like a wardrobe exploded! Aren't Ginny's Cord dresses wonderful. So classic. We have the same two pastel colors on the right, along with a powder blue. The go really nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are hoping, once he's been waited on a few more weeks he'll not be wanting to give it up.
      That powder blue cord sounds a nice colour, I may need to add that to the list!

      Delete