Thursday 10 November 2022

DOES SHE LIKE FABRIC?

 Well, she must do! But doesn't actually make anything with that fabric? there's the questions!


So, I have actually been doing what I said I would for a change! I have started on the clearing of the studio floor! I actually had a couple of quick results when I found that a large plastic box and a large cardboard box sitting in the middle of the room, didn't even contain anything to do with my dolls, so they were quickly removed.

Five carrier bags were sorted through and moved on, on Sunday and another five smaller cloth bags are now in the kitchen taking over the table while they too have been emptied out and appear to hold things that don't belong to my studio as not doll related.

In my wisdom I decided to use the lovely pine cupboard for my fabric stash, so that I could use the double cupboard it was in, for other items.


So, about an hour later the fabrics etc were now in the pine cupboard and the other items from the pine cupboard filling only half of the double unit.  By making the change I have gained half of a double cupboard unit of space!

I also found a couple of items to sell on, as lovely as they are they are not /no longer being used.


So, the answer to the heading of, does she like fabric? is yes, she does, but does she ever actually do anything with that fabric.. no, she doesn't! Well not much for the dolls really.

I would like to be able to say that the cupboard now contains all my fabric but that would not be true, as there are at least two boxes containing some fabric about, that need to be found and added here. I need to find some patterns and start cutting some out but not this month as too much to do first, plus I'd just waiting on this gorgeous piece of red silk, will make a beautiful dress ....       ....      some day....

Now I must return to carry on tidying up.








4 comments:

  1. This room could be mine... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come anytime! But you enter you may never escape! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you. My advice would be to have a place for everything, then lock the door! lol No just if you are a tidy person it will help and try not to add unless you have used something. Now if I could just do this myself.. I'd have cracked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I have clicked to follow

    ReplyDelete