Friday 4 November 2022

ARAMINTA, GINNY AND THE PEA!

 


There was lots of yawning and moaning coming from the castle this morning!


It's left for Ginny to find out what all the noise is about.

"Good morning, Princess Araminta, I hope you slept well"

" I've had a terrible night, help me up please"


Ginny helps the princess down from her very tall bed

"Why did you have a bad night sleep? did you eat cheese before bed? " asks Ginny

" Did I eat cheese before bed? " the princess repeats parrot fashion " No I did not eat cheese before bed! The very idea! " She gives a loud sniff " I had my usual hot chocolate, a blueberry muffin and an after eight and a quarter mint"

"After eight " corrects Ginny

" It was a quarter past eight not eight" Princess Araminta stares at Ginny just daring her to comment! Ginny decides to keep quiet, the princess continues " I am exhausted! I barely slept a wink never mind forty of them, there is something in my bed and it's very uncomfortable"

"Oh dear " Ginny says with some sympathy 

" You must search the bed for me" commands the princess " remembering at the last minute to add " Please"


Ginny runs her hand between each of the many mattresses on the princess's bed

" Why have you got so many mattresses? " Ginny mutters reaching right into the back wall

Princess Araminta, who is keeping a close watch on Ginny's search replies " When one is a princess one's comfort is of the utmost importance "


" I cannot find anything" Ginny tells the princess

" Well keep looking I know it's there somewhere"

"How do you know? " Questions Ginny

" Because I pu.. I know !"


"You need to search right to the very bottom, no half measures!" Demands the princess sitting herself down while Ginny carries on her search.


"I cannot find anything" Ginny looks over at the princess sitting down " you could help by getting inside and checking too"


The princess gets to her feet and starts to walk off " Sorry dear I need to go and find someone to make my breakfast, but please keep looking I know it's there. it's green and quite round "

Bewildered Ginny asks the princess retreating back " How do you know that? "

" Well because it's a pea dear! And they are green and round do pay attention! Oh, and once you find it kindly remake the bed and leave one of those little packets on the pillow with a mint chocolate in! Bye" 


Ginny stands stunned as the princess walks off, leaving her with the pea still to find. How does she know it's a pea? wonders Ginny, then the penny drops! I bet she put it in there herself! 




2 comments:

  1. LOL that's great! And the look on Ginny's face in the last picture! Thanks so much, you've made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete