Friday 2 December 2022

WILL IT FINALLY GET DONE?

 What? I can hear you all ask, what exactly is she referring to? Which of the oodles of things on her list is she talking about? using up the fabric? the yarn? Tidying>? Selling? the list is endless!

Well, I'm actually talking about something that's been sitting around for so long that I know longer have the details of now it's meant to look when finished!

We will have lived here for 18 years next March, and this item came with us only partly constructed at that time, so I'm thinking that it's been in progress/waiting for completion for around twenty years! Why it's almost an antique!

I'm talking about the partly constructed dolls house that's been spending its life in either one of the sheds or a couple of times in a banking hall, helping encourage people to ask about mortgages!


Yesterday, Wednesday I moved the bookcase and crafting, doll and children's books back into the house.

So that I could today, Thursday, move the partly made Georgian dolls house into the doll studio.

It meant moving the Castle over to the former bookcase space because that cupboard was narrower than the one it was on, so now the doll's house is in the centre of that wall of the studio. Also meant I then had to remove the mini shelves from the wall.


It's not in too bad a condition, just needs a little cleaning in places.


Unfortunately, two if the internal doors came off when it was being taken to and from the bank, so they will need to be replaced/ repaired.




I do have wiring in this one, so it can have lights. I also bought lights, then years later sold some as I didn't think I'd get round to using them. I may add wallpaper to one of the downstairs rooms.

At one point we lost all the parts that we needed to finish the house but then a few years back found them again, but we didn't find the instructions or a photo of what it's supposed to look like!


This is the front that is in two pieces and I had painted the house a pale green but now I'm thinking should I repaint it in a cream/stone colour.


I didn't even remember the columns which are for the front portico! Now I found two bags of bits, and both have stairs in them? I think one set must be from a different dolls house or we could have bought them when we couldn't find the other bag.


So, I have searched online for Sid Cooke dolls houses hoping to see one of his Georgian ones but so far, no luck. Would be nice to find a photo of one, in order to know just what piece goes where!

But I'm sure we will be able to work most of it out.


This is the same as the doll's house I sold when we moved here because we didn't have enough space, of course now I wished I kept this in the shed and sold off the half finished one!. But that's what life is about making discissions and sometimes we just live and learn from them. 




6 comments:

  1. Rome wasn't built in a day! However, HADRIAN'S WALL TOOK SIX YEARS- it was 73 miles long, 15 feet high and 10 feet thick :) So don't feel bad your doll's house has only taken 18 years :) :) How do I know these amazing facts about the wall - one of my boy's lives nearby to a part of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was me thinking you were going to say one of your boys helped build it and thereby admit to your true age....... ;)

      Delete
  2. Readers I fear she doth protest too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she ate one of her sisters but not one of mine, we is the good side ;) Simples is my soul sister but hers is a tad darker .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm....isn't this meant to be the season of goodwill to all men and your soul sister?
    Note to Linda....don't encourage her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I need so little encouragement soul sister dear lol

    ReplyDelete