Thursday 2 August 2012

OLYMPIC FEVER HITS THE VILLAGE..



Toby and Zak have caught the Olympic bug after watching Bradley Wiggin’s win his gold medal in the cycling time trials. They decide that they want to be Olympic cyclist’s and set up to do a time trial.






“Right” says Toby ” I’ll go first. Four times round the rose garden. Have you got the watch?”






” Yes ” replies Zak ” I’ve got Mum’s”







" Get ready! ” commands Zak "GO"









Toby makes a good start and is soon back and going round for the second then third time.





Then it all goes very quiet and Zak watches as time slips by and still no sign of Toby!







Meanwhile Toby’s stopped to refuel…himself!!










 Duncan comes across Zak looking worried
“What’s wrong?” he asks.
” Toby is doing his cycling time trial and I have not seen him for at least..” He looks at the watch ” Ten minutes! I wonder if he’s hurt himself!” “Come on, lets go look for him” says Duncan following the route Toby was last seen on.









They soon discover Toby munching away, his bike laying forgotten.
“TOBY” cries Zak ” What are you doing? “
Bewildered by Zak’s cry he  replies ” I’m having a break for some lunch! Why what’s wrong?”
Duncan rolls his eye’s ” Toby I thought you were doing a time trial?”
“Yes”
“Well that means you are supposed to keep cycling as hard and as fast as you can over the route until you finish ! You don’t stop for a bite to eat in the middle”
” But I’ve been cycling really hard and I was starving!” exclaims Toby ” I don’t think much of this time trial cycling if a boy cannot even stop for a minute to catch his breath and have a sandwich!”
Zak looks longingly at what’s left of Toby’s lunch ” I’m going back in to get some lunch ” He states.







"Wait for me " calls Toby " I'm still hungry! That was barely a snack!"

They make their way back to the house.







"Just one more thing " says Duncan before they go in  " What an earth have you got on your faces?"










"These are our Bradley Wiggin’s sideburns” states Toby with pride
“Yes we made them with sellotape and some of Mum’s wool” adds Zak
” Well I hope it does not hurt when you pull them off”  worries Duncan
Toby and Zak look at each other , they’d not even thought about what would happen when they removed them.
” I think I’ll go see Mum ” says Zak ” She’ll know what to do”
The boy’s hurry off to see Mum completely forgetting that a moment ago their stomachs were rumbling. Duncan goes off to tell his brothers and sisters what Toby and Zak have been up to.

6 comments:

  1. Great Olympic STUFF yet again. Don't know just how you do it in the time!!! (Mind you I'm 'proper poorly' with Sinusitis so haven't felt like doing anything much.)
    Pleased that your Dollydoodle clothing gear arrived in good time for the cycling time trials.
    Adore the oversized watch and the 'sideburns!' At first I thought that they were the attached mini mouth microphones.
    Love the stopping for the hot dog!
    Like you and your kids I and mine are thoroughly enjoying the games. Wishing I was even half as fit and healthy as these athletes are.
    My particular favourites were/are the 3 day horse event, all the rowing, white water canoe event, gymnastics, swimming and the volley and beach volley ball. Haven't seen as much of the sailing as I would have liked.
    Sasha love and thanks for the entertainment from Kendal.
    Perhaps our lots should have their own Sasha Games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kendal. I hope you feel better soon.
      My clan are glued to the set, changing from taking up one sport to another depending on whose winning! or how hard it looks..does make you want to get fitter. Lol

      Delete
  2. Love the watch Dee! Brillant put together post, I must get my AG bike out...perhaps I could put Cooper the pup on it maybe...if only I could get him to sit still long enough...sellotape him to the seat maybe?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should have one of the kids riding Cooper the pup? they could do the three day dogestrian event, a first for the Olympic's! and we'd have to win Gold being as Cooper and his rider who be the only entrant!! Result!

      Delete
    2. Brillant idea Dee! Only one slight problem he is teething at present and is chewing everything in sight...don't want him gnawing on the Sashas...still maybe Womble could give it a go!!!

      Delete
  3. Im absolutely crying with laughter here and have just spoken to Kendal and we are roaring with laughter! Dee this is just great stuff xx

    ReplyDelete