Monday 1 May 2017

MAY DAY.

Well it's the first of May and a lovely Bank Holiday, although it is raining on and off which was not forecast! It's still nice to be able to have a third day in the weekend. I feel they should consider this for all working weeks.

So I thought we'd have a change with the blog background now that things are brighter as we head towards the Summer.

This weekend's been about gardening with a few doll photo's taken when time allowed.

In answer to Sharon's query about the no navel half /full eye paint I show the following photos with I hope will explain.


This is the half eye paint style, there is a line painted over just the top of the brown eye colour, many people do not like this eye style.


This is the full eye style with no extra line partway round the eye colour giving the eye a fuller look.


Birdie with with part eyes and Ashley with the full.

I was hoping to take some group photos of my other dolls today but due to the rain and the gardening I only got to take a group photo of my Wichtel dolls.


It was nice to get them together and take a few photos, also made me realise that some of them could do with a change of clothes, so a couple of  T shirts have been ordered to set the ball rolling.


Last night Saffy decided that she'd share the chair with the dolls! Usually she ignores them but last night it was time to cosy up!

Due to the sunshine and showers day today , we landed up back down the garden centre and of course a couple of plants were purchased !


Two standard Euonynus were purchased with a view to placing them alone the trellis in the formal box area with a view to getting two different standards to mix in with them. But when we returned home we decided that these two would look nice in terracotta pots either side of the Lych gate.


The plants we placed on the new front step appear to like their new position and are growing well. We still need to decide what plants we will put in the chimney pot.

So now we are in May it's almost time for the doll shelf photos due in by or on the fifth, so I need to see what shelf I have that would make a good photo.
I have a couple of Sasha related things happening this month which is nice and hopefully as the weather warms up I'll be able to get some photo stories done.

So wishing anyone whose birthday is this month a lovely day and everyone a great month ahead.



********************************************************************************

22 comments:

  1. We got out in the garden today too and I spent a good hour weeding. I have planted zillions of bulbs all over the garden over the past years that come up every year in their season. I don't mind a few weeds as some are quite pretty, but bindweed and the like needs to be gotten out or it chokes the flowers. I love the plants in the blue pots on the doorstep. How about a spiky cordyline for the chimney pot? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weeds can grow better than the flowers ! and grass in the borders drive me crazy especially in places where we have no grass! We are fight bindweed !
      The pot is too small for a spike cordyline plus I don't want to get stabbed getting out my car! :) I'm thinking something with a splash of colour :)

      Delete
    2. That grass that grows in the borders! Couch grass. I had a mahoosive clump to dig out yesterday! I don't think I'll get to the root of it all! I hope you soon find the right plant for the chimney pot :)

      Delete
    3. Yes and so annoying having to keep dig it out!:)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I like the new look to the Blog. And doesn't your garden look great too. I need to give some thought to the bare patches in my garden soon.
    And because of you I have a NN girl on my wish list now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A change is as good as a rest so they say! The garden is coming together.I will bring one of each eye style to the SCW so you can see if you like them in the 'flesh' so to speak, don't want you wasting space on that list :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the useful explanation about the eye painting. Your garden is looking lovely and although the rain showers today were annoying, I think they were probably needed to keep things green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. At least the showers helped water in the plants we moved around, so there was some benefit to the rain :)

      Delete
  4. Happy May Day! It was interesting to read about the difference in the eyes. I really like both your front entryway and the lychgate. Such a lovely welcome and a beautiful part of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and to you too! :) I thought it helps it make sense if photos are involved. One day that Lych Gate will get a gate!;)

      Delete
  5. What an interesting, informative and attractive post today...although I already knew about the Gotz NN eye styles it was a nice treat to see them up close for comparison.
    Then quickly by-passed the Wichtel Doll photo, as as cute as they are they aren't for me... and so arrived onto the garden/gardening section. Much more ME!

    I see that you had a lovely spend on plants again. I have always admired the standard Euronynus trees but never bought one due to the expense and the fact that I would no doubt kill it off through lack of remembering to water it on a regular basis, since we don't seem to get that much rain here...in fact we had NO rain at all here over the weekend.

    Your front door step plants and containers are looking good and very welcoming there and look forward to seeing what you decide to plant in the chimney pot... (with maybe a little bit of trailing ivy down the front like I do just to enhance it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It was for those less informed than your self Kendal as it is a strange way to refer to the eye styles as half eyed :)

      This time of year is very dangerous ! All those lovely plants in the garden centres and us with a fair sized garden and a love of plants.... very dangerous!

      The front door area looks so much nicer now, still need to do a bit of tidying around there but hopefully it will be a welcoming sight to friends and relatives :)

      Delete
  6. A great post, Dee!
    I love how your Wichtel family is growing - wish I could find my little girl, I even took to asking the three local charity shops f they had her hidden away as I'd like to buy her back, if that'swhere she ended up. Still, the remaining little boy has Sasha toddler friends to play with.

    How generous of Saffy to allow the girls to sit/stand with her! But I think she is fonder of the camel - there seems to be a real friendship there.

    Your garden is looking wonderful and the completed approach, porch and door to your house has been well wirth all the time spent on it, it looks perfect and very inviting.

    Happy May!
    jenn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni :) I am trying very hard not to grow my Wichtel family! lol So many dolls and not enough time to play with them all! I hope your girl turns up soon and tells you all about her adventure!

      Very kind of Saffy usually she stays well clear of the dolls!

      I'm pleased you think it looks inviting :) not it just needs to look neat and tidy, just wish I could find my plaque and you your Wichtel ! xx

      Delete
  7. We had glorious sunshine on the two last days of April, and on first of May it rained all day! That was really annoying.
    I like your porch and door area. It looks very neat and tidy indeed, AND inviting at the same time! That's not easy - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a similar weather pattern here although it did not rain all day just had some heavy showers !
      Thank you :) now, we need to sort out the inside, slowly once the summer's over :)

      Delete
  8. I love your toddlers Dee...but those hands put me off from collecting...do toddlers have hands that big? Why can doll makers produce toddler dolls in the right scale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are meant to be ELVES which is why they have large hands! not having met any Elves , well apart from Elfine of course and I think she's special as she's a Princess, I don't know what size an Elves hands are? ;)
      But should an elf pop by I'll try to remember to check out their hands or sneak a photo ! :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks Dee...I look forward to the results of the elf hand size survey...it's not good for my 'ELF (Health) not knowing...am off for a quiet lie down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may take a while Elves are hard to come by.. or so I'm told ;)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the eyes explanation Dee, I see it now! I think I actually like the brown eyes better, so the less full eyed look is the one for me. I wonder what the eyes were on the one that I bought that time and immediately sold? I will have to look. Maybe that is why I realised straight away that she wasn't for me!
    The plants look nice. I think a really nice blue Lobelia might look lovely in the chimney pot. It would also go well with the front door!
    The Wichtels looks sweet as a group there, and with your sweet cat. I need to dress mine, one is naked as the day she was born, since she was modelling for me and I never redressed her. Though it's very warm here so she's not complained.
    Have a great weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. That could be it but then your girl could have had those eyes?
      We have some plants for the pot but need it to warm up a bit!
      Dress the cat? God luck they don't like being dressed ;) (joke) I have a Zwergnase missing her skirt while she waits for me to get the sewing machine out!! some much to do and so little time! :) xx

      Delete