Sunday 10 October 2021

SUNDAY

 Yes It's Sunday ! Now I'm retired weekends don't have that same sense of time off naturally, although I do try to treat them as weekends. It is a treat to be able to say " We can do it on Monday " not to rub it in to those still working but you will have all this to look forward to when the time arrives.

On Tuesday I met up with a friend at one of the large garden centres for a cuppa and a chat. The garden centre's here are now all getting stocked up for Christmas.


c


d


Just three of their displays, this garden centre always makes great displays and stocks so many goodies for Christmas, it's pure temptation ! But lucky for my bank balance I was on a tight time frame, so only had a small scout round to take a couple of photos but I may pop back for a better look another time.

I do love this pink and green display with that big pink mushroom.

We are still working in the garden , so also visited a nursery and another garden centre this week, the second garden centre is one of our local one's and it's only starting to put out it's Christmas display and stock.


Behind those dogs is Santa's sleigh but Santa's missing since it's not Christmas eve yet ! ;)


I may buy the grandchildren one or two of these nearer to Christmas, my daughter is looking forward to this Christmas now her children are getting bigger and she's got a nice big house to decorate.

So I'm not yet, myself, in the Christmas mood, especially as the Chat n Snap is still to happen and then in November Adam's first birthday but come December I'll be happy to get out the Christmas dec's and play those Christmas records.

We have been working on sorting out the greenhouse and Paul's started to put in some of the smaller plants that need some winter protection.

This coming week I'll be gathering together all the items I need for the Chat n Snap, it's quite nice not to have to be setting up a large display , although I will miss not having one but next year I'll make up for it.

So I will be hunting out the cups , raffle ticket books and going to buy the food and drink at the end of the week.

It will be lovely to finally have a get together and a good old chat about dolls and whats been happening to everyone over the last two years. 

On the doll front I sold another and  four more will be collected at the CnS, so more space, which is lovely. Once the event is over I can get into the studio and carry on clearing, since at present there are two boxes of raffle prizes and various other bits taking up space.

I'm looking forward to setting up Granny Fortuna's shop ready for her Christmas sales. 

So on that note I will finish and wish you all a happy healthy week ahead.

Dee

PS apologies to all those who think it's too early for Christmas photos :)




4 comments:

  1. My favourite of the displays is the mushroom one - autumn/wintery not overly xmasy!
    I remember years ago shops didn't put out Xmas stuff until Halloween but I suppose they are trying to max their takings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite too ! Much softer and I do love the mushrooms and owls giving it a more countryside feel.
      I think they have decided that they need to get Christmas on the go because the press keep telling everyone there will be shortages ! Plus due to Covid last years Halloween was a no go at least round here it was . :)

      Delete
  2. I ALWAYS knew Santa's sled has to be pulled by sled-dogs instead of useless reindeers! Rudolph, the red-nosed husky... I also made a song about that, maybe something for my blog when Christmas comes nearer. But it is nice to have a little bit christmas spirit these days, I'm working hard clearing the house for me and my mother moving in together in December. I have to be ready for my move in November - and so I am as busy as can be, always in need of some cheer-up. Thanks so much for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well those reindeer would need some help ! Nice to know you will be together by December and can then get your Christmas ready.
      Glad these cheered you up , hugs xx

      Delete