Friday 15 June 2012

FESTIVAL EXCITEMENT HITS THE HOUSE..





"Well Girls , this is the biggest trunk I could find to pack our clothes in for the Festival" states Liberty.

"But that's the toy box" exclaims Sapphire " Where will we put all the toys!"
" No Idea! " replies Liberty picking up one of the dresses " but we need all the space we can get for our clothes"

Soon toys are scattered all around and the girls are arguing over which dresses to take.
Edward , the little Panda, sighs in despair!


He jumps on top of the clothes the girl's have already packed
" Miss Libby, Miss Libby " he calls " If I could just interject?"
"Of course,Edward " she says looking at the little Panda " what do you want to inject?" puzzled
" Not Inject! " sighs the Panda " Interject! Interrupt! say !put in! "
The two blue noses on top of the trunk butt in " Oh he does go on that one"
" He could talk the hind leg off a donkey! "
"Never!!" " Yes  he could " "What it would just fall to the ground...OFF" "Yep" No!"
Edward ignores their chatter knowing it will go on for hours..
" I just wanted to point out that all your lovely dresses will be terribly creased if you do not take care in how you place them "
"Oh Thank you Edward, you are right, come on girl's lets start again and put them in properly"
" I like that pink flowery thing" says one of the blue noses
" Now I like the blue check.y one" States his mate and off they go again...


"Hey What's going on?" Toby cries coming in and seeing the trunk full of dresses!
"We are packing for the Festival " states Liberty 
" Who said you were going to the festival?" asked Zak
" Well no one yet but we must be ready, I am sure mum will take all of us"




Nathaniel who turn's up just as Liberty makes her statement about everyone going
Hurries to set the record straight " No Libby, I am afraid you did not hear what she said. She said she would love to take us all but cannot and she may have to get us to draw straws!"
" Draw straws? " Libby asks
"Yes" confirms Nathaniel " I will be staying home anyway to look after all the animals and toys"

 While the girl's sympathise with Nathaniel, who is trying to assure them that he is happy to stay home,
Toby and Zak put their heads together and hurry off...



Meanwhile over at the trunk, Mossy is trying to squeeze himself into the corner of the trunk around the girl's many dresses.
"Mossy ! What an earth are you doing lad. Get out of the trunk at once" demands Edward climbing on a wooden trike to get close to him.
" I will not!" states Mossy " I am going to the festival"
" Whatever for?"
" I want to make sure that Oakey is Ok and that a nice lady wins him in the rattle ! "
Edward sighs " Of course a nice lady or gentleman will win him in the raffle!, all people who are lucky enough to have a Sasha or Gregor in their family are special people with a vision beyond the norm"
Mossy thinks about what Edward has said " Mmm that is true but who is this Norm fella?"
Edward wonders what he must have done wrong in a past life to deserve this, he takes a deep breath knowing that this is going to take some time and much patience.



Toby and Zak return, crowing in triumph! " We win we win" they crow shaking two pieces of paper at the others.
"You win what?" asks Libby
" The draw of course, silly" crows Toby
They hold out their papers so the others can see.



" We draw the first straws, so we are going to the Fes ...ta...valllllllll" they cry together.

Libby looks at the others then turns to Edward " When you have finished with Mossy can you have a word with these two?"


Edward lifts his arms in despair ! This family is more than one Panda can cope with......


9 comments:

  1. Poor Edward, he may need to go to help explain everything. The two fabric floral dress with a red sash definitely needs to be packed imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Edward may well find himself at the festival hopefully so he can get a rest!
      I to think that the two floral fabric dress must go to the 'ball'!

      Delete
  2. Wishing that some Festival fever could find it's way here as I woke up this morning feeling ill so am spending most of my time in bed trying to get better quickly in readiness for making some decisions about what to pack.
    Super story as usual. Particularly like the Union Jack Chest and the way the girl's dresses were thrown in at first and the drawing of the 'straws!' Great take on this old 'past down' tradition of who gets to draw the shortest straw.
    When Edward has sorted your lot out please could you send him over here to help me here.
    Looking forward when I arrive to seeing who actually gets to go to the festival.
    Sasha love and thanks for another very amusing story. From Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendal make sure you rest for as long as possible before the festival so that you can join in all the exciting things happening.
      Although the girl's are packing, I have not even got my case out the loft! and if any other time is an indicator I will be taking things out and putting things in and getting depressed right up until the morning I have to leave!
      In truth who to take is the easy part!

      Delete
  3. You are going to have fun anyway...so don't worry about what to pack...you will need to keep your suitacse EMPTY so you can fill it with Sashas when you get there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about that! I had best take another suit case ; )

      Delete
  4. Dear Dee,
    I wonder if you fully realize how much joy you put into each day with your wonderful tales of your Sasha family and Edward! You have fully captured the essence of family life as it is. You have a very special skill --thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

    Have a super wonderful time at the Festival. I can hardly wait to see who goes and what kind of adventures they have.

    Betty in the USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty for your kind comments.
      I have bought another memory stick for my camera so that I can take lots of pictures!
      But it is my new camera so I just hope the pictures will turn out ok!

      Delete
  5. I look forward to meeting the lucky ones who come to the festival, all of mine are coming as I don't have many.

    ReplyDelete