Tuesday 10 March 2015

A CHANCE ENCOUNTER...

Well I was  checking out ebay , seeing what was happening on the Sasha front, which dolls had bids and were due to finish etc .
There was a Sasha that I had put an early bid on mainly because I thought it would go too high and so she was sitting in my 'outbid' box. So while on ebay I had another look at her and she so reminded me of my single fringe girl Belle and she looked so sweet I decided to bid again , the auction had an hour or two to run and I was sure that someone would come along and outbid me.

I then went away and thought "What are you doing!!!" I have another Sasha in my sights and really did not need to be buying this girl, so I went back to check and found that someone had pushed me up to my top bid ! So felt sure I would be saved from myself and be outbid......but deep down I knew she was meant to come home to me..but I had made my bid , so went off and left it all to fate!

Well it would seem that fate agreed that she was meant to come home here.So I had a rapid look through my Sasha clothing and reluctantly put some Vintage Sasha and dolly doodles things on the sales page and also on ebay. I would like to thank all those who bought the new items listed as the money went towards this young lady's adoption fee.

She arrived today by special delivery and is just what I hoped she would be, so here she is....


A beautiful Trendon Sasha


How could I resist ?

 Back view.


And there is the tell tale sign that little piece of short hair right at the front!


So here she is with more of her single fringe showing! I washed her hair and managed to tease some out.Her hair does not appear to be falling although she may have had a trim ?


However most of it vanished back into her hairline as it dried!! So will have to have a chat with some experts to find out how to get it out.
I think she is also a side part,will have to do a little research to be sure but I am so happy that she came here to me! Now I just have to find out her name and find her another dress to wear , this is  a beautiful smocked dress by Karen but I think she needs something bolder!! So will see what I can find tomorrow.


*********************************************************************************

She also came with her tube and  a gingham outfit and a ballet cape plus one blue shoe!



*********************************************************************************

21 comments:

  1. I think a sponge curler for her fringe will help to keep it out of her longer hair - get it to dry on the curler then gently comb it once dry. Her hair looks quite flat on top, so maybe setting the top of her hair with a couple of curlers might help to lift the flatness. She has lovely eyes - is she 68 or 69 perhaps? She definitely suits stronger colours than the pastel pinks. What a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DM, I just need to find most of it! very hard as it's been swept back into the rest of her hair for such a long time! But I will give her a little while to settle in , then have another go!
      I believe her to be a 68 girl.
      Her tone is quite dark like most of the 68 girl's so she will need just the right colour to make her look good! :)

      Delete
  2. She is a lovely early girl Dee...and not a GOTZ....I am so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronny, I knew you like her as she 's not a GOTZ!! :)

      Delete
  3. You know that Mrs. Mum, Ronny - just gotz to have it, Gotz or Trendon. Not her fault, though. It's just that her itchy bidding finger works alone and bids on dolls that she had no idea she wanted.

    She is lovely Dee. Good thing my swapped for NN is on her way here soon, or I might have been bidding against you for this girl and, as we are neither of us in charge of our bidding mania, who knows what price we might have driven her up to? Nice to have the bonus clothing with her - you could sell them on for more dolly dosh if you don't need them

    (CALM DOWN, RONNY! Yes that is a Gotz NN coming here, but I won't send her down to visit you, you are quite safe!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am breathing deeply as I type Jen...I couldn't handle a Gotz invasion....:)

      Delete
    2. It's true I confess, if I think it's may be that something special I just have to try and see if it is! and the only way is to buy it! Simples !! ;)
      Well Jenni if you had bid you would have probably got her as I got her for my top bid, which was £3 more than the one below!!
      I will probably sell the extra clothes towards her arrival! :)xx

      Delete
  4. A stunningly beautiful 1968 girl. Superb find and win and well worth the risk!

    Just to gently remind you though that's THREE of your allotted EIGHT/TEN? dolls gone in less than a quarter of 2015..... plus you have mentioned a fourth in the offering. (Haven't included Sebastian as he basically needed to find a good Sasha home to live in.)
    Looks like you are going to be experiencing some lean, mean Sashaless months somewhere in the year.. .. or paying a huge fine to charity!
    PS. I'm still being a 'Goodie' and resisting all tempation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal I totally agree she is beautiful :)
      Glad you are keeping tabs on my Sasha arrival's as I keep trying to remember how many have already arrived! I do believe I said TEN in the belief that I would never reach that number!! Now I am beginning to worry that my bidding finger thinks that's a goal!!!
      Glad to hear that someone's being good!!! :)

      Delete
  5. She is gorgeous Dee, well done!!!! I look forward to seeing her transformation with the teasing-out of her fringe. Congrats on adopting a stunning girl!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I'm glad I gave in and bid again! :) I feel finding all that fringe will be a long and slow job! :)xx

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, that's her! I was looking at this girl on e-bay just the other day, thinking she was utterly lovely. So happy to see she went to a good home, where she'll be having lots of fun! :)

    I'm thinking that maybe combing her fringe a few times, with some very hot water on a toothbrush, might do the trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TigerAnne, yes she was sitting on ebay awaiting her auction to finish and I was sure there would be more bidders! But luckily for me not!!
      Thanks for the tip I will try that in a few days once she'd had a chance to settle in ! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful Dee and use congratulations, I saw this little beauty :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I am so surprised to have won her! :)x

      Delete
    2. That obviously should've been huge! Lol

      I'm pleased for you you did and for us as we get to see her often :) x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Louise, I had figured it meant huge :) x

      Delete
  8. Congratulations as well to you- Dee, what a great find!
    And welcome to the little Miss!

    Somewhere in your magic room you'll find another dress, I'm sure :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :) Now She just needs to tell me her name, so she can be properly introduced .

      I may have one or two dresses left in that sasha room.... ;)

      Delete
  9. What a great find Dee, you really do have a great nose for sniffing out the best dolls on ebay when I would probably have just thought "oh she'll go too high for me" and then forget to go back and look!! This one is gorgeous and has the loveliest eyes. I'm sure that you're going to find that fringe and make her even more beautiful than she already is :)
    I look forward to seeing her when her hair is sorted out, I'm sure it'll not be long!
    Big hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon :) I just saw her and so just made me think of Belle my single fringe so I took the chance because she had such a beautiful face , so if she was not I'd have been happy anyway :) I think she needs her fringe , so I'll have to find it!! :)

      Hugs Dee xx

      Delete